Claiming for damage from Potholes etc

Abz1982

Mum to 2 nutters!
Reaction score
Has anyone done this? I've reported it but cant find any info on claiming.

My car has sustained damage, but its not from a pot hole so to speak. its from a drain that has sunken into the road and you cannot avoid it.

My friend suggested I claim from the council for it, as its snapped my shock :(.

It looks fairly smooth as you come up to it but when I went over it, it was enough to jerk the car so that OH's phone leapt out his hand and I felt it through my back :(

Usually you can go a bit more over to the right to avoid it bit as I crossed the bridge a van/estate car coming the other way decided he was coming as well.

https://i41.tinypic.com/2qnr5w8.jpg

Either your local council, or the Highways Agency can look at a claim for cost of damage.

Yeah I'd say your local council. Good luck! They don't like paying out for things like this. A friend of mine had a crash a few years back on ice.. He was driving very variously but as the road hadn't been gritted he didn't stand a chance, he crashed at 10 mph and then a car crashed into him and wrote his cAr off. The council denied responsibility even though that road should of been gritted.

Another claim was my brother, the council had left a small pavement drain cover off by accident and my brother didn't see it and his foot slipped down it and he broke his ankle. The council refused liability even though it was their fault the drain cover hadn't been put back on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->