Clary Sage during labour?

LittleBoo

Intactivist Mummy!
Reaction score
I've heard it can really help with pain and moving things along during labour, has anyone else looked into this? I'm going to Holland and Barrett in an hour to pick some up :)

I had a 72 hour hesitant labour and spent a large part of the first 48 sitting in a bath of clary sage. I don't think it helped tbh. I can't bear to use it again this time as I just associate it with pain!!! It's worth a try though:flower:

i cant stand the smell after using it with 2 pregnancies now im sure it helped a bit lol but not enough for me to be able to put up with the smell

In the week before my due date I massaged it into my belly with a carrier oil every night. I went into labour 2 days before my due date, at my first contractions had a shower and massaged again. Did it again about 12hrs in along with walking, squatting etc, within 7hrs was at the birth centre 7cms dilated, LO was born 5hrs later in the birthpool with no pain relief.

Who knows if it helped me, I liked the smell though :haha: xx

what does it smell like? or is it a smell onto its own? lol, im intregued now as i dont want to buy some (later on towards the end) and then not like the smell ha ha!!

I love clary sage oil. Used it when in labour, put it on a flannel and held it near my nose during a contraction. Really helped with pain. Got to 8/9cm with no g&a because of it

Iv been having it in baths over the weekend and it has really relaxed me but done nothing so far to bring on labour...I plan to use it in labour though :thumbup: xx

what does it smell like? or is it a smell onto its own? lol, im intregued now as i dont want to buy some (later on towards the end) and then not like the smell ha ha!!

It does have a smell of its own, with a very vague hint of sage but mostly I think it just stinks lol :haha:

im not crazy about the smell either tbh but ill try anything if its gonna help!xx

Definately! Anything is worth a go, I walked around smelling of it for weeks ;) I was using it to try to start labour off too though, as I did end up going to 42+3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->