Class bear

Cattia

Reaction score
Anyone else's heart sink when you get the class bear for the weekend? Not only do I have to entertain my kids for a long weekend, I also have to think of interesting locations to photograph Bella the bear, spend the evening at my parents' printing and sticking photos in the book as we don't have a printer at home and writing our account of Bella's exciting weekend. Do you think they will be happy with 'Bella sat in her pyjamas watching kids' TV. When Bella got bored and started misbehaving mummy bribed her with chocolate. When it was time to leave the house, mummy yelled at Bella and it took everyone so long to get ready that it was too late to go anywhere other than the park....' Doesn't quite compete with Bella's other exciting weekends horse riding and swimming.

I didn't even know about the class near until it came home!! All it did with is was cinema and a bus trip!! I think I took a pic of it on a slide too. Nothing too fancy! Then I went to my mums to print the pics. Was a slight pain in the arse but I couldn't care less what the other mums think!! Ben thought it was amazing no matter where we took it.

Abigail was really excited last time we had it (yes, TWICE this year!) but now we have a new baby in the house the bear is less appealing. It reminds me of that episode of Peppa Pig where Peppa gets the class bear and the book is full of it in exotic locations like Paris, then Peppa takes it to the supermarket and accidentally leaves it there! A bus trip is a good idea, was also considering cinema today as there isn't too much else to do in this weather.

Oh no! I hadn't even considered I'd get it twice, I'll be screwed then! Some of the pages looked like the parents had spent hours on it! Mine took under ten minutes lol.

Wow sounds like a right PITA!

I would probably make use of the fact you have a new baby. Have the bear (and Abigail) 'help' with some baby things. Take the baby for a walk, bath the baby etc. You could then get some cute pictures AND just carry on with your day lol. :blush:

We had Betty the Bear come home this weekend-we only had her back in Feb!
TBH I'm not bothered what others parents think. I'm not going to spend time and money doing things we wouldn't normally do just to make it look like we have exciting weekends. We usually spend most if the weekend doing stuff in the house and the kids play inside or outside and sometimes with the neighbours kids. I haven't even managed to take any pictures this time.
I know people who will rearrange their whole weekend just to take the class bear to 'exciting' places.

My heart doesn't sink when the bear comes home but I do find it a little annoying.

I only had her overnight and it was a day isla is at the childminder til 6pm so there was no time to do anything exciting by that stage. I had a pic with Betty and isla on her bed.

Anyone else's heart sink when you get the class bear for the weekend? Not only do I have to entertain my kids for a long weekend, I also have to think of interesting locations to photograph Bella the bear, spend the evening at my parents' printing and sticking photos in the book as we don't have a printer at home and writing our account of Bella's exciting weekend. Do you think they will be happy with 'Bella sat in her pyjamas watching kids' TV. When Bella got bored and started misbehaving mummy bribed her with chocolate. When it was time to leave the house, mummy yelled at Bella and it took everyone so long to get ready that it was too late to go anywhere other than the park....' Doesn't quite compete with Bella's other exciting weekends horse riding and swimming.

LOL, I had no idea this sort of thing happened until yesterday when a friend with a school-age child posted a pic of her kid with the bear home for the weekend.

I have a subversive streak so I would definitely be tempted to do as you describe! Probably the rest of the parents in the class would heave a sigh of relief.

"Bella accidentally got left at the mall and spent the weekend quietly at the Lost & Found office."

:rofl:

yup!! I had this with dd's preschool. I wanted to check what other parents had done but of course we had got it like 3rd so i didnt even have much to compare with

feeling your pain lol

he, he, read this- came across it today- about class bear, very funny! https://www.amyransom.com/life-with-kids/class-teddy-home/

Our class bear didn't do anything as Ds1 was really Ill when he had him!

Our class bear didn't do anything as Ds1 was really Ill when he had him!

The last time Esther had the class bear (prior to this weekend!!) OH and i were away all weekend so didn't have a clue what the bear had done!!

A few years ago my niece brought home the class kiwi along with a box of photos from it's previous home visits. In an attempt to do something a bit more unusual with it I took it with me skydiving for the day. As a student skydiver at the time I wasn't allowed to jump with it but a friend offered to do it instead. They videoed it 'flying' the plane up to altitude then the whole of the free fall sky dive and most of the parachute descent - right up until the point that they dropped it, from about 300 feet!!!! I was sick! It was mid winter and we were jumping over farm land. It took me about 3 hours to find it (and to this day I can't believe that I did). The kiwi went to school the next day washed and dried with a very exciting video and it's 'first free fall' certificate. I STILL HAVE NIGHTMARES!
Should Ds ever bring home a class bear when he starts school in August I can assure you that it will be doing nothing more exciting than going for a drive in the car, I couldn't face going through something like that again.

I have never heard of it, but I can't imagine anything worse, Alex would want to keep it :haha: and then we'd have to go find a matching bear :dohh:

Love your style though Rags :haha:

be thankful it was just a bear :haha: my friends little girl came home with a real life rabbit to look after for a weekend :shock: lol

be thankful it was just a bear :haha: my friends little girl came home with a real life rabbit to look after for a weekend :shock: lol

Heaven forbid they send home something living - especially if it of the rodent verity!

We had the class bear back in January when the weather was cold and horrible so we had to try and think of things we do just so it looked like we do actually have a life at the weekends when most of the time in winter we sit by the fire watching tv and eating all day :haha:

Omg ha ha I so didn't realise it was a 'thing' that people big up their time with the class bear! We were looking through the book thinking... Surely people don't do this kind of thing every weekend?!
We took him to soft play then we had a roast dinner... I refuse to get embroiled in the one upmanship.

Rags, that's a great story! In the end we went to soft play, the local museum and ballet class. I think we pulled off a decent effort. If she ever cake back with a real life pet to look after, I would be wholly unimpressed.

A few years ago my niece brought home the class kiwi along with a box of photos from it's previous home visits. In an attempt to do something a bit more unusual with it I took it with me skydiving for the day. As a student skydiver at the time I wasn't allowed to jump with it but a friend offered to do it instead. They videoed it 'flying' the plane up to altitude then the whole of the free fall sky dive and most of the parachute descent - right up until the point that they dropped it, from about 300 feet!!!! I was sick! It was mid winter and we were jumping over farm land. It took me about 3 hours to find it (and to this day I can't believe that I did). The kiwi went to school the next day washed and dried with a very exciting video and it's 'first free fall' certificate. I STILL HAVE NIGHTMARES!
Should Ds ever bring home a class bear when he starts school in August I can assure you that it will be doing nothing more exciting than going for a drive in the car, I couldn't face going through something like that again.

You know that the other parents in your nieces class probably hate you for your entry? ;) lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->