Cleaning 38+3 days and stuck on venetian blinds..

Luxoire

Mummy to 2 gorgeous babies
Reaction score
So we just moved into our own house and apart from being dirty I feel the need to scrub it to sparkle eternity. .probably bad time to be nesting if that..or it may just be my usual ocd self..lol..I just want everywhere clean for when bubs arrives. Even if we are still living out of boxes.

However bump is slowing me down and making me more tired. DH isn't helping telling me to take things easy vas he doesn't want an early onset of labour. So I feel restricted and itd frustrating! Anyway my next task is the aluminium venetian blindd we have. They are huge and I dont think I csn take them down. Anyone has any tips of cleaning them on windows with bump?!

Also any tips on removing limescale from brass taps?

Thanks ladies

If it was me I'd use a step ladder and just spray and wipe each individual piece, from top to bottom. But it's a bugger of a job! Can't your DH do it for you?

No experience of brass taps unfortunately, but my mum cleans a lot of things with thin white vinegar. Or get some of that 'shiny sinks' stuff (they might have a brass variety.

I use viakal and an old toothbrush on limescale, not sure what it would be like on brass though? I bought a blind cleaner! It's got 5 prongs on it that are covered by mini dusters, so you can do 5 slats at a time whilst its up! x

I hoover my wood blinds, as they are just dusty, not dirty. xx

Try white vinegar mixed with baking soda for the taps.

Thanks ladies..I tried and did a third of it and feel really weak and dizzy so have stopped for now. Have to do individual slats with cloth and soapy water..what a job! They have been dusted but need cleaning! DH is at work. Between carpeting, diy and other odd jobs and unpacking he barely gets any rest poor thing!!

I will have a bit of a sit down and carry on later

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"