Cleaning carpet help!!

hayz_baby

Mummy to 3 boys!
Reaction score
So my oh in his infinite wisdom has walked through our new house with new cream carpet with muddy shoes...... I'm sure u can picture my face.
Anyway.. We have never really had carpets before so I have no experience, there's not a lot, we haven't properly moved in yet so I haven't ha a chance to do anything either and as I have never really had carpets before (usually laminate or really old carpets so haven't really worried) I have no experience in cleaning carpets or have anything to clean with so this advice will also be used in the future too! I am going to get some form of carpet cleaner but really can't afford one right now, I was also going to get some of that shake stuff that u Hoover up (whatever it's called) in the meantime what an I use to clean this up!
Thanks!!!! X

washing up liquid and hot water and a scrub. is what I've used in the past.

Hoover up any loose mud first.

washing up liquid and hot water and a scrub. is what I've used in the past.

Hoover up any loose mud first.

Yeah this :thumbup:

There is stuff you can get in a spray bottle from the supermarket that helps with stains as well, spray on leave for a bit then hoover up x

Vanish Carpet Foam.
Hands and knees.
Scrub!

Yep and don't forget to tell your OH this is his job!

Haha yeah, he's better with the elbow greese then me anyway ;) thanks for the tips ladies lord knows how I will keep up with it being clean once I have 2 boys and 1 grown up boy! Yes oh will defo do that.. Will look into the vanish tho so thanks!!

1. Buy vanish carpet cleaner and a scrubbing brush
2. Put kettle on
3. Hand vanish carpet cleaner and scrubbing brush to oh
4. Enjoy your cup of tea

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79