Cleaning during quarantine

sequeena

Winging it.
Reaction score
Yeah.... it's got to that level of boredom.

Today I've
- washed a load of towels and pegged them out
- cleared and wiped the kitchen sides
- cleaned the hob and backsplash
- done 500 dishes. They're never ending.
- hoovered all of downstairs
- washed kitchen floor (tiny kitchen so I wash it by hand)
- cleaned both bathrooms
- put away 3 loads of dry washing
- made the beds
- tidied the living room

I've also picked up after the dog outside and walked her.

Just waiting for my husband to get home from work so I can wash his scrubs and cook dinner.

My son wants nothing to do with anything today so I'm just letting him chill out.

My God this is so boring at times. Send help.

I know what you mean. I always look forward to doing the big shop on Mondays and Thursdays as a form of escape, how sad is that :haha:

But I have been quite productive lately just to keep off the boredom.

- I painted an ugly cheapo pine wardrobe and wall-papered the inside back panel, still looking for ideas to make the plain knobs a bit prettier and am thinking of decoupage.

- Constructed feet for my Kallax units in my study so they now sit above the skirting board and can finally be pushed flush to the wall

- Made a double for the black-out blinds for the velux windows in our bedroom

- Cleaned the oven in time for Sunday roast and hated every second of it. I must have been mad lol

In the garden:

- Mowed the grass in the front garden and tidied the shrubs, while Nick cut the branches of the crabapple trees that overhang the pavement (later in Summer the fallen crabapples get really slippery which can be quite dangerous for passers by).

- Planted some Gladioli in pots

- Cleaned both patio areas in our garden and cleared the bleep gazillion fag butts Nick had just scattered over the years. There are still loads left though :S (Don't get me started! I was in SUCH stew and just the thought makes me boil up again).

Still to do for the garden:

- Till over the soil, spread compost and then scatter seeds for new lawn (hopefully that will all happen tomorrow in time for the rain.)

- Plant some more bulbs in pots

- Repaint the companion seat

And of course there is the endless repeat of chores in the house.

- I have 2 laundry baskets overfull with washing that needs to be put away and another one that needs ironing :S

- Hoover (did that 3 days ago but you'd never think it)

Last edited:
It can be so boring can't it.

It sounds like you've had a really productive day though!

Since quarantine started my husband has painted the spare room.
I've scrubbed the patio which took a few days but it looks great.
I've also deweeded front and back gardens.

I really need the motivation to do a big clear out. We've got so much clutter!

We have only lived in this house 2 years and the clutter is amazing! I wish I could be ruthless like the konmari method recommends but I am way too much of a hoarder. Meh.

I need to do that, I wish I could be more ruthless!

I'm glad we are all so productive :rofl:

And still with the dishes!! I miss having a dishwasher!!

I cleaned the dogs ears twice today (I do ear cleaner at least once a week as she has issues with wax and infections. It takes several cleans before all the wax is out).

- Made dinner, wiped sides again
- Washed Sean's scrubs and they're on the heated airer. He was given a wash bag that someone had made for the hospital staff. So kind!!
- Walked the dog again with thomas - we live in a very quiet area and I take thomas' diagnosis letter. He needs to go out.
- fed the cat and dog

I'm now on the sofa watching IT and drinking a glass of archers and lemonade. Sean has bathed thomas and they're upstairs watching some tv.

We could really do with a good clear out too but I don't have the motivation to do it

OMG no dishwasher! I would die! How do you cope??

Not very easily :( our new house is very small (lovely new build and very well insulated but small). I've got used to it now but I miss chucking everything in the dishwasher

I'm weird in that I wash and dry all dishes by hand. I HAVE to do it straight away as it stresses me out knowing they're there and I think a dishwasher would play on my mind the same way too because until it was full enough to put a wash on I would know that they were in there unwashed :haha:
We do have a dishwasher which was in the kitchen when we moved into this house but we don't use it, it just fills a gap in the kitchen :haha:

I'm weird in that I wash and dry all dishes by hand. I HAVE to do it straight away as it stresses me out knowing they're there and I think a dishwasher would play on my mind the same way too because until it was full enough to put a wash on I would know that they were in there unwashed :haha:
We do have a dishwasher which was in the kitchen when we moved into this house but we don't use it, it just fills a gap in the kitchen :haha:

Omg im exactly the same! Ive never ow Ed a dishwasher, However I am contemplating one now, as dishes for 5 people say in day out is killing me off! Once I have one I will probably think how I've ever managed without it! Today I really need to get cleaning in the bedrooms, tidy up the kitchen, hoover and put washing away, other than that it's pretty clean here as the kids have been down their dads for a few days :haha:

LOL Bev! I would have to do it right away too if I didn't have a dishwasher as I hate dirty plates standing around! The dishwasher fills so fast with all the cooking pots and things that get used every day that it fills up very fast. Knowing that the dirty dishes are in the machine stresses me less than having another chore and not being able to sit down with a cup of coffee after a meal lol.

Today so far I've wiped the downstairs bathroom - the cat comes in and out of the window and it's been raining so she left paw prints everywhere.

I've wiped the sides and cleaned the hob/backsplash. Put some dishes away and washed some more :roll:

Also picked up the living room and fed the cat and dog.

Today I need to hoover downstairs (although I do this every day - german shepherd and fluffy cat), hoover the stairs and upstairs. Strip the beds. Dust upstairs and wipe the upstairs toilet.

I'll wash Sean's scrubs when he gets home and probably do a small load to put on the airer (why is it raining!!!!)

Also walk the dog when theres a break in the weather.

Today we've done a water change on two fish tanks. Also a big job as they're massive!
I've scrubbed the patio again just before it rained.
I've gone around the living room picking stuff up about 100 times already today.

Planning to do some hoovering later.

I folded 3 baskets worth of laundry and the 4th one is just finishing in the tumble drier, ready to delight me tomorrow. :roll:

I painted over the stair banisters with a primer, sealer and stain killer combo where wood knots had started bleeding though and I will paint over that tomorrow.

The patios looks as if I had not cleaned them for a year with the amount of tree stuff that has fallen down again during the rain. Sigh.

I didn't manage to sow the lawn seeds today but hopefully will find time tomorrow.

Had a stressful time going to the shops today. Had to take thomas with me (in his maclaren with the raincover down) and I haven't been for over 6 weeks so it was a whole thing.

Just did the basics - hoovered, cleaned kitchen sides, dishes, made the beds etc. Forgot to dust again.

Sorry you had a stressful time at the shops. I hope you didn't have to queue too long and got what you wanted at least.

It was pouring all day today so I just didn't feel like doing anything in the garden.
My roof windows in the kitchen extension are so dirty again and look as if I had not just cleaned them 10 days ago :(

I skipped the painting too though as it was just one of those lazy days really.

I did do a big shop and folded more laundry, as well as the usual daily chores like making beds, unloading and loading the dishwasher etc, so that is something at least.

That sounds really stressful with the shops Sarah :(

I've done loads of laundry and managed to get it dried on the line with the weather being so nice. The ironing is all done too.

wow well done especially for the ironing! I hate ironing!

Yesterday my men all camped in our bed upstairs for 2 hours reading and playing their tablets. Gave me a chance to properly clean the downstairs with dusting and wiping and to do a proper hoover- the kind where you actually move chairs and sofas lol. I also moved and tidied all their toys and books back to the boys' room (which they should really be doing themselves, I know...). It all looked so nice... for about 10 minutes till my horde came back down with all new stuff in tow. lol

Today I did a big shop and went to the heath so had not much time to tidy apart from the usual daily small stuff.

It's so nice when everywhere is clean and tidy until they all come back and wreck it :haha: I usually enjoy those few minutes while it lasts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->