Cleaning/tidying bring on labour??

purpleshark

Reaction score
With my daughter I had a massive tidying spree and then the early hours of the next morning, labour started. She was born on her due date. It's probably just that she was 'ready' but was wondering if anyone else had had similar happen. I've had a mass tidy today (38+2)

It's possible that you had the nesting instinct and your hormones wanted you to clean in preparation. A lot of animals "nest" and is an imminent sign of labour - they gather soft bedding and drag it all to a dark corner to get their "nest" ready.

I know women on here say they've been nesting since 26 weeks etc - but that's not quite the same as the last minute nesting instinct, which can be a sign of labour.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nesting_instinct

I just think it all comes down to when the baby is ready to come. I did everything possible in my previous pregnancy and my water bag leaked twice and yet I still didn't have my son until I was 41.3 and that's because I was induced!! I walked, went up the stairs, down the stairs, non stop, sex, ate certain foods, exercised, n*pple stimulation, cleaned like a madwoman, even moved some furniture, and while I had severe contractions for like a month straight, nothing happened. I was stuck at 2 1/2 cm for that entire time lol.

However, with my second I cleaned a lot and did have sex a lot and yes I went into labor soon after. I just think it depends on whenever the baby is ready to come but it doesn't hurt to try and yes nesting is supposedly a sign that you're about to go into labor but I heard it could be like that for a month or so before actually going into labor. Sucks not knowing, when you just want your baby already.

I wish this were true for sure! For the last two days I have had a crazy amount of energy. On Sunday, I cleaned my Car and went for two walks. Then yesterday, I went on a crazy cleaning spree. Im talking All the laundry is done in the house and every single bedroom looks like no body lives in them. I cleaned every single nook and crany, from the top to bottom of my house. Plus I went grocery shopping lol. But no, I am still here overdue and waiting. *sigh*:wacko: My body just feels like I did a huge workout. :haha:

But I do hope it means something. I take it even if it is a couple days later lol Good luck to you.

I had my daughter at 37 weeks on the day we were due to move house. I'd just finish up at work, then spent the next 2 days packing boxes and getting everything ready for moving day. I went to have a shower before hubby left to pick up the moving van, and my waters broke in the bathroom. I'm convinced it was because I was so busy. Happy enough though, as they would have induced me a few days later anyway as Eva had IUGR.

I think this can be true yes. My mil went into labour with dh after cleaning begin the cooker. It's a family story they tell me every time we see fil. He tells me "don't clean behind the cooker yet"

Me :) my mum told me to clean my windows to get me into labour haha. First the new sofa came I'd been waiting for for weeks and the same day I cleaned my French windows, immediately after I had a show and then labour began 10.30pm that night :) xx

I think it can indicate something, but not always. I had a burst of energy a couple of days ago and went crazy cleaning...and nothing. With my last baby I was cooking and cleaning all day in preparation for a dinner date, and ended up having my water break that night...I wasn't really cleaning because I wanted to though...lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->