cleaning toddler poo from cloth--help please

nada87

Reaction score
so today is the first day of cloth diapers. dh had the pleasure of cleaning our 2 yr olds first cloth diaper poo. ds was sick 2 weeks ago so his poo is kinda nasty right now (not really diarrhea but not a turd--sorry) and dh said he almost vomitted getting the poo of before he threw it in the diaper bin. what is the best way to get nasty poos off the diaper?

flush it in the loos flush. or use shower head to get most off and wring it out. or use something to scrape the majority off(old credit card or something would work) and then rinse under shower head or tap :)

Hold the fleece liner in the loo whilst flushing, put the sodden mess in the used nappy then put in the nappy bin:thumbup:

I rinse under the toilet flush and if theres anything left i dip a few times in the toilet water and hold under the flush again.

If Evie is going thru a particularly messy poo phase then I'll use disposable paper liners as well as fleece liners, but generally I'll just shake off the excess in the loo and then rinse under the shower head... put on full blast with cold water and it gets rid of most of the staining too! :thumbup:

When your flushing/washing it off if you are using fleece then I find stretching it helps the poo plop off lol! Sometimes if it's really runny then I just throw in washing machine on a pre wash!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->