Cleaning Your LO's Teeth?

ColtonsMom

Reaction score
Now that Colton's teeth are just coming and coming. I was wondering about cleaning them.

Do I really need to clean them with a toothbrush at his age?
I thought about filling a bottle with water everyday and having him drink some after every bottle. I was talking to one of the assistants at my dentist and she told her daughter to do this.. she said even if he only took a couple drinks it would still wash most of the milk off his teeth.

I'm really worried about this. I dont want him to have bad teeth. OH's family all tend to have bad teeth (his mom had dentures at 21yr old!). Even his little nephew (whos like 3yrs old) had to get false teeth recently. They spend over $10k getting him all porcelian teeth! And he's only 3! But I think thats because they didn't bother making sure he took care of them regularly..

What do you do to clean your LO's teeth? Do they hate it, like do they fight with you to clean their teeth?

I clean Noah's (or he just started to take an interest in doing his own) once a day. But if we're out or I forget to pack his tooth brush I give him a bite of cheese as thats meant to be good for nutralising acid.

My worst fear is for him to have bad teeth.

xx

Ive not got to the teething stage yet but why not use something like this

https://www.mambaby.co.uk/toothbrush.htm (the top one)

xx

Then i think cleaning my babies gums is pretty normal lol I thought i was nuts :)

Ive not got to the teething stage yet but why not use something like this

https://www.mambaby.co.uk/toothbrush.htm (the top one)

xx

Ohh.. that looks neat. I wonder if they sell them here, I've never seen one.
hmm..

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BNIP-Mam-Fir...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

you could always ask if they would ship overseas if you gave them more postage?

xx

Yes you should clean his teeth, I have been cleaning Decs gums from way before any teeth appeared, just give him a toothbrush and let him have a chew, you dont have to use toothpaste just yet, but if you want to just use a pinhead amount. You are probably aware I am a Dental Nurse so I have an idea of what I am talking about!!!!!! Lol Well I think I have anyway !! Most babies love to have a good old chew on a toothbrush, helps with the teething to. xx

Yes you should clean his teeth, I have been cleaning Decs gums from way before any teeth appeared, just give him a toothbrush and let him have a chew, you dont have to use toothpaste just yet, but if you want to just use a pinhead amount. You are probably aware I am a Dental Nurse so I have an idea of what I am talking about!!!!!! Lol Well I think I have anyway !! Most babies love to have a good old chew on a toothbrush, helps with the teething to. xx

LOL. Yeah, he is still in pain with his teeth. I had to give him some orajel earlier just so he could get a nap in. Poor baby.
I've given him a tooth brush once.. when i was trying to distract him so I could cut him nails :muaha:
I will try it again, because he did chew on it abit, but also kept sticking it down his throat and gagging on it :dohh:. I'm sure after a couple times he wont be so shovey though! :D

i clean callums teeth. got him a tiny little toothbrush from poundland, its so cute!! he actually quite likes having them brushed.

This is what HV told me to do...
*Just start by giving baby a toothbrush to play with in the bath.
*Then start by putting a pea sized amount on & brush the teeth & gums.
*Dont bother rising his mouth as the the toothpaste will absorbe in the gums & help the teeth that are under the surface.
*Not sure about your area but here with have no flouride in our water so we have to use a toothpaste with 1000 flouride in.

Hope this helps.

Dont put a pea sized amount for a baby under 3 !!!! thats to much fluoride, most toothpastes will say not to use on babies under 1, only when recommended by doctor or dentist, use a pinhead amount to start with then when they get to 3 move up to a pea sized amount. xx

Thanks everyone! I'll probably try him with none first, at least for alittle while. I've always heard that toothpaste is more for your breath? IDK.

Here are water has alittle flouride in it. Although, at Walmart I can buy little bottles of water with added flouride-which I will probably use when he doesn't drink so many bottles.. but not now, he just drinks to much to use them for every bottle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->