Clear Blue Digital Test, when to test. Confused

Lindslou

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

this is the first month for me to use OPK after many months of TTC. When I read the info from the kit is says to test first thing in the morning b/c the LH is most concentrated. However after reading some posts on here some are saying to test mid day. The kit that I bought only comes with 7 tests and I have been testing for 4 days and have not had a pos yet. I'm on CD15 and should be O today or yesterday. If I test every morning will it still pick up the LH or should I be testing twice a day.....help!!

It truly depends, some people have a surge that only lasts a few hours so if you only test once a day, you might miss it but other people (like me) it can last longer, mine usually is between 2-3 days. I usually wait until a day or two before I think I am supposed to O then test twice a day. I have always gotten my first positive in the eveningtiem; I have heard that your body produces LH in the afternoon and it is usually better for an OPK than FMU. Hope that helps some, FX'd for you!! ( I always dtd like I would even if i was ovulating even when the tests arent pos just in case I would somehow miss it. That way I am still covered!!)

I thought you shouldn't test with opks with fmu? Something to do with the fact that your body doesn't synthesize LH overnight?

snoobs x

It truly depends, some people have a surge that only lasts a few hours so if you only test once a day, you might miss it but other people (like me) it can last longer, mine usually is between 2-3 days. I usually wait until a day or two before I think I am supposed to O then test twice a day. I have always gotten my first positive in the eveningtiem; I have heard that your body produces LH in the afternoon and it is usually better for an OPK than FMU. Hope that helps some, FX'd for you!! ( I always dtd like I would even if i was ovulating even when the tests arent pos just in case I would somehow miss it. That way I am still covered!!)

Thanks so much!! I started feeling the O ach and tested in the evening and sure enough it was Positive. Not sure why the directions say to test in the am. Oh well now the waiting game begins for me to see if it worked.

I was just going to post that my opks are always darker between 3-9 pm, but I see you got your positive! gl to you hun!

Same here! I got my smiley face on fri in the afternoon on cd14.......fingers tightly crossed

your not supposed to test with fmu only because the LH builds through the night and there may not be enough there with your diluted pee to show a positive. How ever I have seen woman get them so it does work. For me I would wake up, pee and wait like2-4 hours. I never had to actually save me pee long. One day I got my IC in for the first time and had already got a positive on an expensive one but was dying to play with them. so I squeezed out a few drops and I still got my positive. So I stopped holding my pee cause I obviously didnt need to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->