• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Clearblue Digital Ovulation Stick Lines

peteradamelle

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am TTC and have been using the clearblue digital ovulation sticks.

Does the line that's on the left hand side, the lighter of the two lines mean anything?

I haven't ovulated yet and it is getting lighter and lighter each day. Does that mean I could have ovulated prior to when i started using the sticks, and now i'm getting further and further away from when i may have ovulated?

Thanks girls!

Hi there

I hope someone can give you the right answer! I had always assumed that the lines would get darker and darker in the lead up to ovulation but not sure if that's true. That way you can keep an eye out for the lead up to ovulation.

I am struggling to get any line on them at all, this is my first month TTC and first month using them.

Some folk say they remain stark white (i.e no line at all) one day and then dark and positive the next day so who knows?

Do you know when you expected to ovulate and what day are you on now?

Joy x

I wouldn't worry too much about the lines, mine never seem to look that different and I get 4-5 high days before OV, 2 peaks and a high day after. I'm sure it'll happen, try to relax and not scrutinise so closely. Stress = not good! x

Ok thanks girls. Joybell, I had a miscarriage on the 18th of August (well that was the day I had the D&C), and I think i had a very light period/spotting that started on the 26th of August and lasted a week, making me day 17 today. I have a healthy 18mth old child, so hopefully it won't happen again, and I'm super keen to get pregnant again asap! With the pregnancy that I lost I ovulated around day 24, so I do ovulate late. Good luck girls!

They say you shouldnt go by the digital lines. They are not like the others where the line goes darker as you get closer to your "peak".
I like to look at the line because I feel like it gets darker at times, so I know its going to happen soon and to test twice a day. Its all personal preference...as time goes by and you use them more and more, you start to learn your body and figure things out better.
Good luck!

Hey there im new to this, ive had the implant removed about 3 weeks ago and began using the sticks as my periods have never been regular so I wanted to know what was going on, I got rod out on the thursday, and started taking ovulation tests on the saturday the line was faint on sat and then the same colour as the other line on the sun and monday so I ovulated really quickly, and today my period has just came. I think there will always be a line there as theres going to be some kind of hormone, it just has to be the same colour or darker than the other line to show your ovulating.

Hey there im new to this, ive had the implant removed about 3 weeks ago and began using the sticks as my periods have never been regular so I wanted to know what was going on, I got rod out on the thursday, and started taking ovulation tests on the saturday the line was faint on sat and then the same colour as the other line on the sun and monday so I ovulated really quickly, and today my period has just came. I think there will always be a line there as theres going to be some kind of hormone, it just has to be the same colour or darker than the other line to show your ovulating.

I have never been on any kind of BC, but im pretty sure that your hormones are all over the place once getting off BC or implant out. Your body is trying to get back to "normal". So getting a +OPK could mean you are O, but can also be triggered due to your body getting back on track. BD just in case.

Thanks girls. The line keeps getting fainter and fainter day by day. So Stinas, would you say that probably means I might be getting further and further away from ovulation? I know you're not meant to look at the lines, you're just meant to look at whether you get a smiley face or a circle, but i can't help looking at the second line, and noticing that it keeps fading. Maybe I ovulated before starting the ovulation sticks? Hhhmmm! Also, do you know what time of the day is best to test? I keep testing every morning at 7/7:30am but read somewhere that the afternoon is better?

Thanks again!

What CD are you?
Try not to stress out about the lines. The more you stress, the more likely it is for you to cause your body to delay ovulation. Just DTD every other day to cover all your bases.
I usually test in the am and as I get closer to the days I usually O, I will test again in the evening around 9ish. They say not to drink too much before testing so it wont dilute your pee.

Ok thanks! I could be CD 18. I had a miscarriage 3.5wks ago and started a very light period/spotting 18 days ago that last 1 week. Not sure if that's counted as a period or not which is why I am taking the digital ovulation test everyday. I might not ovulate until I get a proper period, but if I do, I want the opportunity to TTC - am very keen to get preggers again!

are you sure it was a mc? Did you go to the doc?

Yes, my 7wk scan showed the embryo measuring half the size it should have been with a very slow heartbeat, went back at 8.5wks and it had barely grown and no heartbeat. So I had a D&C the following day. That was on the 18th of August. Didn't bleed afterwards. Started very light bleeding/brown spotting a week later that lasted a week. So I was hoping to use that as my reference point for starting to try again. I have a healthy 18mth old son, so I got over the miscarriage pretty quickly and it was obvious the embryo wasn't developing well and would have been a sick/unhealthy baby.

So, I really don't know what day I'm on, but if I use the start of the bleeding as a ref point, today is day 19! I'd just love to know if the line means anything, or what it means if the line keeps getting fainter each day? Did I miss ovultion I wonder?

Im sorry to hear that!
Ummm...I dk since I have never been in that kind of situation. I guess just keep POAS and see if the lines start getting darker...or just get the internet cheapies to see the line progression.

Very excited! Did a clearblue ovulation test at 7am this morning, it was negative. My friend told me to test after midday, and low and behold, i got a positive at 1:30pm and another positive at 6pm tonight! So, I was right, the very slight bleeding i got a week after my D&C was a period, and i'm day 20 today. Fingers crossed.

So, to let everyone know, my lines kept getting fainter and fainter each day, and then today, the test line, was a bit fainter than the control line. This is with the smiley face digital ovulation test, which i was looking at the lines to see if it gave any indication if i was leading up to ovulation, which i know you're not meant to do.

So the line got darker today but still lighter than the control line. Just to let everyone know!

Also i recommend testing between 12pm and 6pm, rather than 7am, amazing that in the space of 6hrs i went from a -ve to a positive. Then i confirmed it again at 6pm tonight!

Yay, so excited!!!

:happydance: Was the line that was getting lighter the one nearest to the test or furthest away, the reason i am asking is because mines got lines :shrug::haha:

xx

It was the line on the left hand side when looking at the test. It was a digital test, and they say not to look at the lines but i couldn't help try and work out what they meant. So last week the line on the lefthand side was quite strong, then it started getting faint the last few days, and then today it was stronger, but not as strong as the line on the right hand side (the control line which is always dark). I just found it interesting to watch the lines. The one at 1pm today was a bit blury (the left hand line that is) and then the test at 6pm wasn't blury and the line was darker than the 1pm test. Good luck everyone!

yay!!!
Good luck my dear!! BD away!!!! fx!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"