Clicking sound when drinking

DaisyBee

Mom of 2
Reaction score
When my baby drinks her bottle sometimes it makes a clicking sound or more like a cluck I guess...(her mouth with the teat) What is this??? Is this the teat collapsing or her sucking too hard or it coming to slow/fast?? I'm confused and cant figure it out! :dohh:

Is this normal or do I need to be doing something different for her.

:shrug:

My daughter does that noise sometimes too - never worked out what it is! lol

I'd like to know too as my lo does this, i think its when they are really giving it a good suck! my lo tends to do it when really hungry! xxxx

Evie does the same too, usually when she's getting comfy with the bottle and when she's almost had her fill. I've never really worked out why she does it either! :shrug: When she first started doing it I changed teats etc and it didnt stop her doing it so I'd be pleased if anyone has any insight :D

Megan seems to do it more when she is hungrier -can happen sometimes through a whole bottle. We just changed bottles and teatsize so can't be that cause she did it before and still does.

Glad its not just her! But still curious what it is!

my friends baby did this and did it so much she had a blister on her lip poor thing, i think it was cos she needed the next teat up.

Hmmmm ... well we switched her from slow flow to medium flow and she still does it. Seems like medium is about all she can handle right now... its sometimes seems its a little too fast for her yet - she's still adjusting to the change.

Same here, we moved Evie from stage 2 to stage 3 teats and these are sometimes still a little fast for her and she still does the clicking :shrug:

i always thought it was their tongue at the back making the noise

Ruby does this too, but only with the avent bottles. When she uses the tommee tippee bottles the teat gradually gets sucked into her mouth further and further and gives easier like the breast I suppose, towards the end of the feed she lets loose on it slightly and it gets some of its shape back before she carries on. But the avent bottles aren't as maleable, so I'm wondering if that's something to do with it? The fact they are less flexible?? So when she breaks the vacuum the result is a clucky noise....??

Well Megan doesnt use the avent bottles.... she has been on 3 different types bottles but they all have the thinner nipples vs. the big ones like avent. Brands are all different here than u.k. though except the avent.

That sounds like what it could be though anyway - breaking the vacuum....

Sometimes she really won't do it at all during a feed and other times it seems to happen throughout the entire feed.

:shrug: Thanks for all the ideas girls! :flower:

funny last night alan was feeding Lana and he said oh this is the clicky teat lol - i was like what? he said we have one clicky and 2 collapsing :shrug: thats out of 10 lol and i never noticed

i thought it was my sons nipple too on the bottle, but switching bottles didn't change it. Then I remembered that was what my daughter did when she had an ear infection. I took him to the ER tonight and sure enough his left ear is really red. so watch for them tugging at ears, shaking their head left and right (while trying to feed a bottle) resisting eating, or eating very little, bc these are all indicators!

my baby girl does the clicking too i know this is an old thread now but for anyone else with the same problem i had to stop breastfeedimg because of it, basically it can be because of tongue tie high roof mouth or just a bad latch which is what my little one has she has clicked on the breast and on all bottle teats i have tried too she gets her milk and now i have learnt when she was breastfed she was getting enough milk it was just 'textbook' that she wasnt getting enough milk, due to the click turns out she just kept latching on enough but was happy to do that

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->