Clingy Baby

supernurse

Mum of 2 beautiful girls
Reaction score
Just as the title says, that is what Ruby is.

She is not very good at being around other people, even OH's parents who see her almost every other day. The majority of the time when in the company of other people she will look at them, sometimes smile, look at me or OH then burst out crying. If they hold her (I guess I'm meaning more the grandparents), she just looks at us for reassurance constantly. It seems to take her an awful long time to get used to people, but also it is very hard for us to walk out of a room without her crying, even if her sister is in the room with playing with her, you can see her following you out of the room then crying until you come back.

I feel sorry for my mum and dad cause they came over from Florida a week ago and she's still a bit funny with them, it's been 10 weeks since they saw her.

Is there anything you can do with clingy babies to get them to be ok without you being there.

I'm not sure... Alexa always has to have sight of me when others are holding her, but I guess she improved, because she used to never like anyone but me holding her, she used to cry... I don't know what has changed really... Probably just constantly have her around people whenever possible, that helps with socail skills, and letting go of the glare on mommy. :hugs:

Sam went through a phase of being exactly the same at about Ruby's age (amd wow...I can't believe she's over 6 months already - that went fast!) - even with my mum and sister who we saw all the time. If people came over he's start crying and refuse to be held by anyone except me or OH. I felt awful because people would come over to say hello to him and he'd just cry!

He's completely got over it now though - he'll smile and be a bit shy (hide his head in my shoulder) when he first sees people but he's happy to be held by anyone. I agree it might help to get her used to seeing other people all the time - maybe they just need to learn that they're coming back to us and not being taken away x

Caitlyn was the clingiest baby EVER, but now she's mobile (exept standing alone and walking without the furniture) she's much more interested in that than me. She will sit with other people aslong as she doesn't want something now. Before she would only be with me and I had to hold her all the time! Frustrating...... Hope she gets better x

kaitlyn is also the sameand it makes it worse cos i breastfeed she is with me all the time, she cries when other people hold her, she also sleeps with me so i guess she is used to me being there 24/7, but i kind of like being needed, it is a nice feeling when you put her back in your arms and she is instantly comforted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->