Clinic today

reallytinyamy

Mum and step mum
Reaction score
Ok this is probably going to be a bit rambly but I taked to HV about a few things and I know some of it is stuff that people here have had issues with so thought I would fill you in on how we are and tell you the advice we were given.

We saw a lovely HV who we've seen once before and I liked then, but I love the woman now!! I feel so much better!

Before Chloe was weighed she asked if I was weaning and I said no. She said 'well done!' I said Chloe didnt seem interested and was happy with her bottles and she said that was great and to just carry on like that for now.

She was then weighed and is 17lb8oz. I then asked if she is that big should I be trying to get on solids she no. Its the age you go by not the weight, the fact that she is 95th percentile has no bearing and the older she is the better. She also confirmed that her weight is above average but she is gaining steadily and her weight correlates to her height so tere is no problem she is not 'overweight'

I then mentioned that CHloe will only nap in my arms during the day. She sadi that as long as its ok with me then to keep letting her. She will probably grow out of it soon and it means that she has a good bond with me and is secure. It would only be a problem if she did it at night too, it is her wanting to not needing to- and I quite enjoy it too. There is no developmental reason for her not to nap in my arms. So a good session.

Plus, I met another new mum and we got on well and exchanged numbers so I'm buzzing that I actully have a 'buddy!!'

:wohoo: well done amy and well done chloe, you're doing a fab job honey :hugs: chloe's growing into a beautiful little lady :hugs: x x x

Well done Chloe! I agree about growing out of the napping in the arms--that seems to be what Hannah has done

WOW Thats really good hun, you sound really pleased and positive, im really happy for you :hugs: and its nice you have a HV you like.
Get this buddy on b'n'b.....you have to share ;-) lol
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back