• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Clitoral and vaginal issues after birth...

Simon'sMum

Reaction score
Hi,

My son was born nearly 5 months ago and I must say I don't feel back to normal. I got a few stitches (didn't dare ask!) due to a 2nd degree tear. It didn't hurt for too long except for this one swollen spot. At my doctor's appointement, he told me it was actually excess skin because of how the stitches were done. It's still quite sensitive if touched like when I wash. I was told it can be taken away by "freezing" it.

Anyone had this? I'm worried that it will be worse. I also seem to have a small tear through part of my clitoris... It doesn't look nor feel the same as before I gave birth. I don't have as much sensation anymore. My partner and I have not yet had sex since Simon's birth because of all this. I'm truly worried about the pain it may cause. This is a little depressing...

Anyone have input for me???

Thanks...

Sounds like you had a bad time. I was cut with my first ds and things still havent got back to normal from that :cry:

Go back to your doctor again or try speaking to your HV

I had something similar I think, after DD!, it was a spot that was painful when having sex , and sometimes when I went to tilet it stang. Also soar to touch.

Went to see practice nurse who then got GP to look, who said it was way stitch ad healed. It wasn't normal GP and referal never got done, but the gp having a poke @ it seem to sort it out

Sorry if not much help thre, but GP did seem to think it would heal it and stop the pain.

Ohhhhhhhhh that sounds uncomfy! Sorry I am no help, but didn't want to read and run. I hope it gets sorted very soon and you feel better! :hugs:x

Thanks for the messages. It's quite an odd situation, no?! Feel free to add on if you have any more advice!

I had an episiotomy and I had a pretty rough time throughout the whole labour and birth.
I had pain in my clitoris for around 3 months- it wasnt until the last couple weeks that things seemed normal.
I remember one time where I was laying down on the sofa, I got up, crossed my legs, and the pain in my clitoris was unbearable.
I hear that episiotomies can cause nerve damage in some people... I tried explaining my problem to the MW when she was around but she just suggested it was the 'pads' I was using that were 'rubbing' me up the wrong way. I however knew this was not the case because I wasnt wearing pads at the time she suggested it, I didnt tell her that though.
The scarr tissue around where my stitches were still feels very weird to touch but thankfully the clitoral pain has gone.

Because episiotomies can cause nerve damage in some women, I suggest that you see how you go over the next few weeks and if theres been no improvement at all, make an appointment to see your gyney.
Hope that helps. x

PS: Although you didnt state whether or not you had an episiotomy, like yours, it's classed as a 2nd degree tear whether it's been cut or tore on its own, I think the effects are still the same.
And in regards to not looking the same, mine didnt look the same up until recently.
I hope everything returns back to normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->