Clomid 2-6 or 3-7? Can I change it on my own?

wantbump

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I have been prescribed clomid 50mg for three months. First month was a failure and I had it from CD2-CD6. Is it okay if I change it to CD3-CD7 this month on my own? Do you do that?

I had taken it CD 5-9 for two months then changed it to 3-7 and got pregnant. I asked my OB first and he gave the ok. Do you know how it affects your eggs? Basically taking it CD 5-9 give the best chance for one very mature egg to release. CD 1-5 give changes for multiple eggs but not as mature. I liked the happy medium of CD 3-7.

Thanks justfluffy this gives some reasoning behind the dates. I am not really sure how exactly it affects my eggs but I have PCOS and also endometriosis. Apparently I release eggs but they are not matured enough to be fertilized.

Thanks justfluffy this gives some reasoning behind the dates. I am not really sure how exactly it affects my eggs but I have PCOS and also endometriosis. Apparently I release eggs but they are not matured enough to be fertilized.

Due to that reason i would opt for a single more mature egg than the chance at less mature but more eggs.

As a general rule most Dr's dont seem to mind unless they have a good reason, i'd classify that as a good reason not to change :)

Due to that reason i would opt for a single more mature egg than the chance at less mature but more eggs.

As a general rule most Dr's dont seem to mind unless they have a good reason, i'd classify that as a good reason not to change :)

Hi do you mean I should keep taking it from CD2-CD6? For a single more mature egg shouldn't I switch to taking clomid a bit later than that? Currently I start taking it on CD2.

Im going to use my pregnancy as an excuse... Because you're right, i knew what i was saying, but it's totally backwards ! Im sorry =/

I would take the Clomid from 3-7, 4-8 or 5-9 for a more mature egg. I would call the Dr today and ask if you can't take it later due to immaturity of eggs. Ive heard mostly of 3-7 or 5-9. I always took it 3-7 and produced multiple follicles, but with my husbands sperm we opted for more targets (you see it worked )

Im going to use my pregnancy as an excuse... Because you're right, i knew what i was saying, but it's totally backwards ! Im sorry =/

I would take the Clomid from 3-7, 4-8 or 5-9 for a more mature egg. I would call the Dr today and ask if you can't take it later due to immaturity of eggs. Ive heard mostly of 3-7 or 5-9. I always took it 3-7 and produced multiple follicles, but with my husbands sperm we opted for more targets (you see it worked )

Haha so I see! Congrats on your pregnancy too :flower: Thank you for the advice, it helps a lot!!

Thank you :) And Any help i can provide makes me happy :)

I agree with Adrianna, take it later, even CD 4-8 or 5-9 so your egg matures more!

I took provera and clomid to conceive my daughter who is 4 yrs old now, I had her on clomid 5-9. I have been doing a lot I mean alot of reading and it seems the 3-7, 4-8, or 5-9 seem to be the most popular. ( guessing thats what the doctor write for the most) I have tried for 3 yrs for #2 with no luck so back on provera/ clomid just took first provera pill today. My doc told me 5-9 for clomid but I might change itto 3-7 or maybe 4-8. I wish u all the baby dust and xgl

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->