Clomid Buddies (moved from TTC board)

Ask4joy

Reaction score
Hi all - I am moving this thread from the ttc board to the ltttc board after some disagreements arose about expecting women posting pregnancy updates in the thread and the triggering effect of pregnancy tickers / signatures for some. This board has been deemed a "safe space" and may be more appropriate for those of us on the thread.

Thread rules:

- All are welcome. If you are expecting, please disable any tickers in your signature before posting and exclude triggering profile picture photos (e.g. Ultrasound photos).

- If you get a BFP, please share your good news! Once is enough. :)

- Please keep thread topics to ttc / ltttc / fertility support/treatment / updates about yourself while ttc. Please exclude pregnancy progress from this thread.

Looking forward to continuing to support each other through this ltttc / fertility treatment journey!

XO

Here is a link to the previous thread for reference: https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/trying-to-conceive/2410639-clomid-buddies.html

Hey ladies glad to hear the updates & next steps in TTC. What's the plan for everyone next cycle (or this cycle if AF just recently showed)?

Ask I really appreciate that you moved this thread over to LTTTC. I think it makes it clear right off that bat what our expectations are in this thread. It is fundamentally a safe place for all of us who are struggling with TTC! The support I have gotten from you ladies has helped me immensely. I don't know what I would do without you!

AFM cycle update wise, I'm in the TWW again! I'm not going to track or symptom spot, so I'll just hang out here and offer support to others!

How are others doing? Love what's your plan for this cycle?

Love - thanks for moving over to the new thread! As for me, I'm just waiting to get a +OPKs. Currently on cd12 and it will probably happen sometime between cd 14 - cd 18. Once I get a positive I'll call the fertility clinic and schedule my IUI for the next morning. They told me to only test with SMU (second morning urine). My Wondfo OPKS have been relatively dark, but not positive, for the last 6 days and my Clearblue advanced has been giving me a low fertility reading for the last 4 days...was hoping I'd get a positive by this Saturday but it's not looking like it's going to happen.

Nore - what a cute kitty! My step sons met the kitties for the first time yesterday and are in love. The 12 year old spent the whole afternoon lying around with them. They are a great distraction for me right now! How many days of injections do you have to do? The idea of giving myself injections freaks me out...I told DH he would have to do it if we go down that road and he said he couldn't...I said "you'll have to!".

I is here :haha: didn't realise that the other thread wasn't moved, so here I am..

My plan this cycle :

Currently CD5
On clomid (4-8)
Taking:
-800iu Vit E (for lining)
-Pregnancy complete (got from UK)
-Coq10
-Spirulina (more before o, less after)
-Wheat grass powder (not really for ttc but I put a bit in my morning smoothie)
-3 injections of Follistim (Friday, Sunday and Tuesday)
-Follow up ultrasound next Thursday and possibly an ovidrel trigger shot followed by iui on Saturday if everything goes as planned.. Last time it didn't go as planned so hopefully this time it will.. I had about 10-12 follicles on cd2 ultrasound.

Will take progesterone supplements after o, as well as pineapple core.

Oh my. I also got some red raspberry leaf tea from the UK, but I can't remember if it is to be drunk before or after o?! And is it OK to mix with all the other stuff I'm taking?

Ask, I'm adding itty bitty Thai kitty picture again for you here :)

Attachments

• _20170330_172119.jpg
    _20170330_172119.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 2
hey! moving here too. i am anxiously awaiting AF. if i don't get it by tomorrow morning, I am going to my RE's office to do blood test before work tomorrow.

Nore - sounds like you have a good plan! I'm doing progesterone and pineapple core after O too. I love pineapple so I buy one every month before O and slice it up to eat after. (Actually DH sliced it up for me). :haha:

Does anyone know if evening primrose oil is ok to take during a clomid cycle? I know not to take it after O but haven't been taking it this cycle because I read conflicting things.

LAR - are you having any signs of AF? Hoping AF stays away and you have good news to share!

Thanks Ask! No AF symptoms. I don't get much in the way of AF symptoms usually other than cramps. They usually start up right before or as as my AF is starting. Nothing yet but they could still come.

Glad to see everyone has moved over!

Nore that sounds like a great cycle plan! I'm rooting for you! Loving the kitty picture too! I went to Koh Samet Thailand a few years ago and there were tons of friendly (and healthy) cats to play with. I loved it!

Lar its super promising that AF hasn't shown yet for you! especially considering the squinters you've been having. I'm rooting for you too!

Ask I used EPO with femara last cycle because I assumed it would be fine (i didn't look into it). I ovulated on CD 14 and everything seemed normal. I didn't end up taking it this cycle because I ran out. Now you have me wondering if there is an interaction! I dunno!!

Well I have successfully lost track of where I am in my cycle, woo hoo! I'm pretty early in the TWW though, i know that for certain lol. Just going to focus on other things in life and try my best to forget about ttc

Thanks Belle. Glad to hear your 2 week wait hasn't been too stressful. Hope it stays that way!

Although as I am finding out "two week wait" is kind of a misnomer.

I'm currently on CD 8, I've taken my Clomid for this round (CD 2-6) & just awaiting ovulation of course. This month I am taking folic acid & I previously was taking Vitex 800mg but stopped once AF showed. Just hoping I have a stronger ovulation this round since last round my numbers were so low on my blood test (9.54) so I know my egg quality was not good enough to even get pregnant.

I'm going crazy looking at these ovulation tests. They've been almost positive since I started testing on cd8. So frustrating.

Love - I just realized we are both in Ohio! Lots of Ohio ladies on here! :)

I grew up on the east side of Cleveland but moved about an hour south when I married my husband. Where are you?

Those almost positive OPKs would be driving me crazy Ask! Hoping they go positive for you soon!

Ugh I know Belle - I'm guessing it's because of the clomid. I don't remember if that happened before? I really liked not tracking at all last month but I guess if we are doing IUI and if I'm supposed to start progesterone after O I have to track.

Do you just call in when you get your POS OPK then? I have been thinking I might do a monitored cycle for my first IUI, just to see how my lining responds. I mean, hopefully I won't need an IUI, but I'm being realistic about things

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->