Clomid/IUI-natural ways to Prevent miscarriage

tattlebaby

Reaction score
Hey everyone :hug:
So after much consideration, we have decided we will be doing Clomid & IUI as suggested by our FS on my nxt cycle which is expected around August 8th..would love buddies for this if you're out there! We had some tests done yesterday and results were "unexplained infertility" meaning we're ok in all areas despite our struggle with infertility. Hubby's SA was great, but did fall slightly under average in certain areas. I've always had regular cycles and I "O" naturally every month. So why bother with the Clomid we thought :shrug: but FS explained to us that the Clomid will help me produce more eggs in hopes that hubbys limited healthy sperm will have a greater chance. Idk but despite all the downfalls I keep reading on the net about Clomid, I feel its worth a try even if for 3 months at least, got nothing to lose i think, ...or do we?? Anyone else feel the same??? I've been reading about Clomids side/effects and its 'possible' negative impact (thinning) on the uterine lining which can result in an early miscarriage. If becoming pregnant is so hard, I can't imagine the feeling of having to deal with a miscarriage...absolutely heartbreaking..and I'm so sorry to all who have had to go through something like this :(. Besides the unpleasant side effects Clomid could bring, I think the possibility for a miscarriage is what's scariest :( I wonder how likely this is tho. Regardless of it all, I'm a true believer of natural healing & wellness. Adding a few natural remedies to the conception regime can only help to increase your chances of a successful implantation i think. My FS says supplements and herbs should not be used together with fertility drugs or medications. But how about foods (Super-foods) in particular. I love Maca and making awesome green juices on a regular basis. I'm wondering if anyone has tried any natural (super-foods) to enhance the endometrial lining while on Clomid?? and experienced a healthy pregnancy..or any tips/advice for Clomid users for that matter. :dust:

TIA

I personally cannot stand clomid, I have done several rounds on it. The side effects for me were shocking nd yes it did thin my lining out nd also made me very "dry" down there. I am now on femara which does the same as clomid but doesn't have all the horrible side effects that clomid does.
As for taking vitamins with fertility drugs, yes u can. I told my FS that I was on maca, CoQ10, asprin, DHEA nd yes said that there is nothing wrong with that.

I wish u all the best of luck. Xxxxx

Hi tattlebaby, good luck on your journey

I just wanted to say my story was very similar to yours, unexplained infertility with OH having great sperm. We ntnp for a time before actively trying for 18 months before using clomid for three months. I had multiple eggs each month and minimum side effects, we used clomid for three months and on the forth month I got pregnant with my little boy who is now due in 16 weeks

I hope it is successful for you too x

It's not a natural remedy but I plan to use Mucinex during the days surrounding ovulation to increase my cm, as well as Pre Seed. I am also on progesterone to help keep my cycle regular. I'll start it a day or two after I ovulate. Again not natural but my Dr. prescribed it to me. It can make your lining thicken up so that its easier for an egg to implant or it will help your next cycle come on quicker if you aren't pregnant.

Sorry I don't have any natural super food advice though :(

I just wanted to say my story was very similar to yours, unexplained infertility with OH having great sperm. We ntnp for a time before actively trying for 18 months before using clomid for three months. I had multiple eggs each month and minimum side effects, we used clomid for three months and on the forth month I got pregnant with my little boy who is now due in 16 weeks

Thankyou, well on that note, congrats on your preg. But so you weren't on Clomid on the 4th cycle? Hmmm..interesting.

It's not a natural remedy but I plan to use Mucinex during the days surrounding ovulation to increase my cm, as well as Pre Seed. I am also on progesterone to help keep my cycle regular. I'll start it a day or two after I ovulate. Again not natural but my Dr. prescribed it to me. It can make your lining thicken up so that its easier for an egg to implant or it will help your next cycle come on quicker if you aren't pregnant.

"mucinex"..interesting. Preseed we use & love it too! The Progesterone..is that something that is automatically given to you along with the clomid only if ur cycle is irregular?

Also in regards to the "dryness" i keep hearing about with clomid, during sex..are u still able to get excited? sounds like a bummer to me.

Also in regards to the "dryness" i keep hearing about with clomid, during sex..are u still able to get excited? sounds like a bummer to me.

Well for us us, we don't actually have any dryness during sex at all, and using Pre Seed isn't actually ideal for Hubster and I and sometimes it means it takes longer because I'm already um... not dry down there when we have sex, so he says the Pre Seed makes things so slippery, it's not as good for him. But I don't think that just because I'm umm... wet (Sorry for the term, not sure what else to say!) that I'm good to go. I think arousal fluids are different than cervical mucus, and that's why we use the Pre Seed anyway and are going to try the mucinex too, because I may not have enough fertile cervical mucus or it may be hostile, even if I do have arousal fluids. It's my first cycle of Clomid and I'm not actually sure how I'll react but I wanted to be prepared...

So I just figured the dryness was actually because it dried up cervical mucus, not arousal fluids.

"mucinex"..interesting. Preseed we use & love it too! The Progesterone..is that something that is automatically given to you along with the clomid only if ur cycle is irregular?

The Progesterone is given to me because I don't have normal cycles, and they'll just stay away for months. This cycle I'm on now is the first since January 5th.

ot everyone feels "dry" with clomid, each lady is different on it.

I didn't feel dry, but I would have a lot of hot flashes.
As long as you're being monitored during your clomid cycles, I wouldn't
worry to much about the thinning lining. They will be able to measure it
during your mid-cycle ultrasound. If your doctor sees that it is too thin, they can switch you to femara or injections.

clomid did what it should for me, I had good lining, good follicles, etc just waiting now to see if there's a bfp, otherwise they suggest another 2 rounds, then a tube clean out, then if no luck its all a fluke until we get in for our isci next year.

Thankyou, well on that note, congrats on your preg. But so you weren't on Clomid on the 4th cycle? Hmmm..interesting.

Thanks. No, It was my first natural cycle after clomid but I strongly believe the clomid was responsible for giving my body a kick start and was responsible for helping me get pregnant x

The Progesterone is given to me because I don't have normal cycles, and they'll just stay away for months. This cycle I'm on now is the first since January 5th.

Thanks for this! We might just include Mucinex nxt time. And good luck with the
progesteron..hope it more than regulates you.

during your mid-cycle ultrasound. If your doctor sees that it is too thin, they can switch you to femara or injections.

I'm so glad you said this! In regards to the Hot flashes you said, are those like menopausal? And "monitored" during your clomid cycles..can u please elaborate. how often is this down? Do all FS do this..or should I request this to be done?? Because this makes total sense. I like that depending on this, will they decide if to stick to clomid or femara with me. Thanks!

clomid did what it should for me, I had good lining, good follicles, etc just waiting now to see if there's a bfp, otherwise they suggest another 2 rounds, then a tube clean out, then if no luck its all a fluke until we get in for our isci next year.

Thats great! good to hear another positive exp. with Clomid :winkwink:. "tube clean out"?? "isci"??

Thanks. No, It was my first natural cycle after clomid but I strongly believe the clomid was responsible for giving my body a kick start and was responsible for helping me get pregnant x

I can almost bet on this too. That's wonderful..Congratulations! & thanks :)

I'm so glad you said this! In regards to the Hot flashes you said, are those like menopausal? And "monitored" during your clomid cycles..can u please elaborate. how often is this down? Do all FS do this..or should I request this to be done?? Because this makes total sense. I like that depending on this, will they decide if to stick to clomid or femara with me. Thanks!

Your RE *should* monitor you, meaning they should have you come into the office mid-cycle (before expected O date) and do an ultrasound. During the ultrasound they will count and measure your follicles. Since you ovulate on your own already, this is very important....the clomid may make you stim very easily. I ovulate on my own also, so on a clomid cycle I would get 4-5 follicles. They also need to measure them....if they get too big, they will become cysts instead of egg follicles. Ovarian cysts are *very* painful and will eventually burst *even more painful*! They will also measure your lining. It needs to be a certain thickness for implantation to be possible.

That being said, some REs won't monitor you. They will just do a blood test after your should have ovulated. The only that will tell you is if you ovulated or not, which doesn't do you much good. You *really* need all of that other info! There are plenty of women out there who have gotten pregnant on their first clomid cycles unmonitored, but I guess I believe you need to look a little further ahead than the current cycle. If it doesn't work, you really need to know all of the information you will get from the ultrasound monitoring.

I imagine the hot flashes would be like what women get in menopause. Mine were always at night. The symptoms you will get after ovulation on clomid during the tww are pretty much identical to pregnancy symptoms. That's something i wish i would have known before i took it. I kept getting my hopes up and then not understanding how i could not be pregnant when i had *all* of the symptoms (exhausted, emotional, sore boobs/nipples, cramping, blue veins, nausea, food aversions, etc).

@POPCHICK75: Wow....AWESOME piece of information..you have no idea how much this is helping right now :hugs:. "Ovarian Cycts Eruption" that is truly scary stuff and yes now I see why it is absolutely crucial to be monitored. I will contact them tomorrow about several things..especially this. Your amazing Thankyou.:dust::dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->