clomid & metformin support buddy

:hi: Hi gals!!!!

Ive been TTC for a year! I have PCOS, and last year I tried metformin but I couldnt take it... I would go for a low dosage, yet, I would feel sick all the time, weak, about to faint, and even lost my appetite!

My doctor said that if by this cycle I dont get pregnant, we have to start clomid next cycle... reading your posts gives me hopes! =D

so 50mg never worked for me. My doctor wrote the wrong script and gave me 500mg instead of 1500mg. She fixed it today so now I'm on 1500mg of Metformin and 100mg of clomid. I ovulated last cycle with the 100mg and expect to O in 5 days. Taking met in the morning has already made the toilet my new friend. ugh

TTC- CD27- expecting AF- BFN today- starting 3rd round of clomid 100mg after 2 round of 50mg--Progesterone was 4.9. HSG test scheduled for Jan. 12th- frustrated.

Hi everyone. I am new to all of this....just decided today to look and see if there were any post out there of people on Clomid and Metformin and what kind of experiences everyone was having.
I have been TTC for a year and a half now with no luck. Was told may have PCOS but not a defineate...was put on Metformin for hiugh blood sugars and then was started on Clomid last cycle. No luck the first cycle (didn't ovulate) and now I am on the second cycle of 50mg so we shall see how it goes...
I have been on the Metformin for 4 months now and my stomach had to get used to it. It upset me at first but nothing that I wasnt used to. I have lost 40lbs since October so I am hoping that with help with things too....

Stalking..... My doc told me this combo may be in my future, so reading your stories is very helpful. :flower:

Hello ladies! My DH and I have been ttc 21 months...I have been taking Metformin for 11 months and this is my fourth and last cycle of clomid. Fingers crossed that this is my month.
Baby dust to all!

Good luck, abrock! FX'd for you!
Sending lots and lots and LOTS of baby dust your way

i could use anyone who is willing to talk me through all of this i hace pcos tryed the clomid for a while then took a break for 2yrs now we are ttc again and i am going to be looking into the metformin with the clomid this time and i am hoping some one out there will be willing to walk me through this

frustrated

Hi Ladies!! I'm really looking for a little encouragement! I've been TTC #1 with my husband for over a year now. We have done 2 rounds of clomid @ 50mg, and 1 round @ 100mg. Did an ultrasound 2 weeks ago on CD12 and found out I had no follicles, and wasn't ovulating :cry: They increased my clomid to 150mg and added metformin 500mg once a day. Has anyone had luck with this after not ovulating at all?

Hey MrsHef1127!

Sorry to know you´re going throught this! I didnt want t read and run, but all I can say is that clomid did make me ovulate according to the ultrasound I also got on CD12. In my case I have PCOS, and 50mg was enough.

What CD do you take clomid? Maybe taking them earlier can help! Ive read some girls have taken clomid from CD2-7!

I hope that works for you! Will keep my fingers crossed! :) :hugs:

I took them on the same days! Sorry, I always forget how many days I used to take them! :haha:

But anyways.. Ive read that it had helped when women started taking them earlier on the cycle! You can ask for this to your doctor, and maybe he can give you a better answer!

In my particular case, I took them on CD5-9 (again, sorry for my mistake on my previous post), and by CD12 they saw the folicle pretty much ready, but we did realize that I didnt OV on CD15 as I should have, but later!

I hope your doctor can give you a better answer! Why do you need clomid? My case is because of PCOS, and because of that my cycles are not regular at all!

I have PCOS as well! I may ask her to switch days, I'm ready to be a mommy! I'm hoping the metformin will give it a boost!

Ive read wonders about mixing metformin and clomid, but each case is different... in mine, metformin made me dizzy and I even fainted once!

PCOS is such a bitch! Ive TTC for a while, and since I started using clomid, I saw changes: shorter cycles, better EWCM, etc... however, DH and I decided to stop it for a while as a "vacation" because I got very depressed and my doctor explained me that the mind is fertility´s worst enemy...

So Im thinking on re taking clomid next cycle... Im feeling more optimistic!

So if clomid worked for me, Im sure it will work for you as well! Just keep on having faith! :flower:

Hi! I was just informed last week that I have PCOS but I ovulate and have a pretty normal (29-30 day) cycle. We have been TTC for 5 years now. The doctor put me on metformin to start out, 500mg 3x a day, and it is KICKING MY A$$!! :(

I heard the side effects go away after a bit but the only thing I can eat at the moment is my soy yogurt and granola. Ugh. After my DH gets a SA (hopefully soon, he's dependent on the mercy of military doctors), then ill get some clomid. I'm really hopeful, I'm not sure why. I'm just looking for some more hope in here.

Good luck MH53ADwife! Ive read wonders about metphormin... it works different for each person, in my case, I had to stop it! I am now on clomid! :)

Pola- why did you have to stop taking it? im hopeing it makes sticky beans like they think it does. im pretty sure i have had eggs get fertalized before but they dont stick and give me a BFP, because when that happens my AF is usually late by a few days and my periods are just.... different is all i can explain them as. please keep up updated on the clomid! i have a few friends who have has sucess with it and i want to see more sucess with it to give me more hope! good luck and :dust:

well, I used to think the same as you! That maybe I had fertilized eggs, because when AF would show up late, it would be bloody, with blood clots, tissue, etc... my doctor said thats normal because of PCOS.. BUT keep in mind each woman is different... that was my case, maybe yours is what you think!

As for metformin, it made me dizzy, weak, I totally lost all appetite, and I even fainted a couple of times... also my heart would beat so fast! secondary effects affect some women, but most of them are fine with it...

Clomid in the other hand, only gives me hot flashes and works on me (I ovulate earlier and cycles become shorter).

So little by little you and your doctor need to see which medication works better for you! In my case, metformin wouldnt even let me out of bed!

Good luck! :hugs:

well, I used to think the same as you! That maybe I had fertilized eggs, because when AF would show up late, it would be bloody, with blood clots, tissue, etc... my doctor said thats normal because of PCOS.. BUT keep in mind each woman is different... that was my case, maybe yours is what you think!

As for metformin, it made me dizzy, weak, I totally lost all appetite, and I even fainted a couple of times... also my heart would beat so fast! secondary effects affect some women, but most of them are fine with it...

Clomid in the other hand, only gives me hot flashes and works on me (I ovulate earlier and cycles become shorter).

So little by little you and your doctor need to see which medication works better for you! In my case, metformin wouldnt even let me out of bed!

Good luck! :hugs:

ugh... thats exactly what its doing to me... :cry: i cant even smell food without wanting to vomit and i have been spending all of my time in bed. i dont know if i can stand it much longer... i actually thinking of going to the ER right now

if you´re shacking, and feel so weak you can faint: stop it! As soon as I stopped it, I called my doctor and he said I did the right thing.

However, he prescribed clomid when it was 1 year since I started seeing him because I couldnt get pregnant... before that, he wouldnt prescribe a thing! If youve been trying for over a year now, maybe your doctor can prescribe you something! :) good luck! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->