Clomid = no side effects. Is this normal?

clefairy

Reaction score
I've just started my first round of Clomid 50mg (CD2-6). So far I've had 3 tablets and I've had no side effects. I'm just wondering is this normal? I'm worried its not working. :cry: I've read so many stories on here about mood swings, hot flashes, etc as a result of taking Clomid, but I don't have anything. So I be worried?

I'm cd 12. I took clomid days 5-9 50mg and this was my first round too. I also had absolutely no side effects. I'm off for my ultrasound tomorrow so I can post again and tell you how I go. I'm hoping I'm just lucky not getting any side effects and it's not because it hasn't worked

I'm cd 12. I took clomid days 5-9 50mg and this was my first round too. I also had absolutely no side effects. I'm off for my ultrasound tomorrow so I can post again and tell you how I go. I'm hoping I'm just lucky not getting any side effects and it's not because it hasn't worked

Great yes, let me know how it goes please. It would be fab if it works and we've just had no side effects. :thumbup:

I know from experience the time of day you take it makes a difference.
I started taking it in the morning and had those awful headaches. I remember it felt like my head was going to explode, I couldn't even talk. I thought I was going to have to go to the ER. Then someone suggested taking it at bedtime. After switching the time I never had any side effects but ultrasound showed that it was indeed working. So maybe changing the time may help, good luck.

Hi Take2. I did not feel any side effects from round 1 of clomid but round 2 hot flashes like crazy! My first round I was on 50mg round 2 100mg

I've just started my first round of Clomid 50mg (CD2-6). So far I've had 3 tablets and I've had no side effects. I'm just wondering is this normal? I'm worried its not working. :cry: I've read so many stories on here about mood swings, hot flashes, etc as a result of taking Clomid, but I don't have anything. So I be worried?
Everyone reacts differently. 50 mg was enough to give nausea the first day I took it but I had no other symptoms except for hot flashes day 3-6. I had a cd 14 u/s and I showed 2 follicles, one in each ovary. So it seems to be working.

I've been taking mine just before bed, so I'd sleep through any headaches / hot flashes. Touch wood I won't have any side effects now with only 2 tablets to go.

How long has everyone been on Clomid?

I've been taking mine just before bed, so I'd sleep through any headaches / hot flashes. Touch wood I won't have any side effects now with only 2 tablets to go.

I took mine at bedtime as well. This was my first cycle.

This is my second month of clomid! Doc says if it does not happen this time she wants to try an IUI. i was diagnosed with PCOS in Feb. I have to take progesterone to start a period and then clomid and then estrogene then. Felt like it took a long time to get where we are and just feel more devestated each passing month BUT knowing it is all worth the wait and hoping for the best! :flower::flower:

Hi clefairy, I had several follicles on both sides, the dominant one measuring 16mm so that was good news. My endo lining was thin tho at 3.8mm so I need to take progesterone supps, and they are very expensive but not much I can do about that.
Got a positive opk today too so it's all happening, fingers crossed my lining thickens up.
How's everyone else doing?

Hi clefairy, I had several follicles on both sides, the dominant one measuring 16mm so that was good news. My endo lining was thin tho at 3.8mm so I need to take progesterone supps, and they are very expensive but not much I can do about that.
Got a positive opk today too so it's all happening, fingers crossed my lining thickens up.
How's everyone else doing?

That's great news! :thumbup: What day did you get your positive opk? I'm on CD8 and I'm going to start testing tomorrow. I've heard Clomid can make you O early, I don't want to miss it!

I tested on cd 14 for the first time and got a positive first go, I didn't think Id ovulate so quickly so was surprised. Don't test to early because I've heard clomid can give you a false positive if you test to close to taking last tablet. Good luck!

I am on CD12 and I just got a smiley face on the Clearblue OPK!! Yay!! Looks like the Clomid has done the trick! How is everyone else doing?

Hi ladies:) I'm doing my first month of clomid, too...after 19 bfn cycles:cry: I just finIshed my last pill last night (3-7, 50mg) ....no side effects for me either...i had the same question...is it working?..lol! Dr. wasn't planning to monitor me this cycle, but wonder if I should have u/s done before O. ordered preseed and plan to drink grapefruit juice to make sure I have plenty of good cm:thumbup: did any of you notice a change in cm with clomid? :flower:

Hi ladies:) I'm doing my first month of clomid, too...after 19 bfn cycles:cry: I just finIshed my last pill last night (3-7, 50mg) ....no side effects for me either...i had the same question...is it working?..lol! Dr. wasn't planning to monitor me this cycle, but wonder if I should have u/s done before O. ordered preseed and plan to drink grapefruit juice to make sure I have plenty of good cm:thumbup: did any of you notice a change in cm with clomid? :flower:

Honestly don't worry about the lack of side effects from Clomid, I was stressing massively about it and today I got a postive opk! So it looks like the Clomid has worked just fine! :thumbup:

Ohhh I've not heard about drinking grapefruit juice before. I haven't had as much CM as usual, but I still have some. I'll be using preseed tonight as well though. Time to take advantage of the positive opk! :sex:

HAHA you girls are soo funny and are too cute.
JUST WAIT I have taking clomid for a total of 7 months 3 cycles last year and did 4 cycles starting march this year. you Wont have ANY side effects usually until your 2ww!! and its awful because the clomid gives you false signs of being pregnant. this is my last cycle i am fed up with it. 7months and NOTHING but hot flashes and SORE VERY SORE BOOBS thats the worst side effect i have being on this drug and it ONLY starts the week my period is due. which its due tomorrow. I also feel very irritated and MOODY in my 2ww due to the clomid. It takes a while for your side effects to kick in. and they will show its true colors after you ovulate. Goood LUCK!!!

Clefairy, I hope you catch the egg this cycle!!:dust: best wishes:winkwink: glad you got the +opk:happydance:

MrsHamstra, so we're not out of the woods yet, eh?:haha: I wondered about O time, too...poor dh during the TWW:nope: I'll have to try my absolute best to isolate myself:thumbup: I had been taking maca root for the past 10 days or so... I was SURE I had read it was okay to use when doing clomid...however, when I was googling yesterday, I found lots of people saying not to take them together:shrug: ...of course, many of the ladies saying this, were not well versed on why. ANYWAY, if I could continue with maca after O, that might help with the retched TWW symptoms:thumbup: sorry your clomid cycle haven't turned to BFPs:hugs: hopefully soon! :flower:

I've got the hot flashes now but I'm on progesterone suppositiries too, not fun but it could be worse, I'm managing :)

Hi ladies, how is everyone doing? I am currently 7/8 dpo and dying to test!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->