Clomid/Period Issue

Princess Lou

Finally a Mummy!
Reaction score
Hi! It' been almost eight months since I was last seen on these boards. I was hoping that by now I would have moved groups but never mind.

Anyway, since November I have been on the waiting list for injectables but my doctor wanted me to continue with the Clomid. (I understand the chances of success decrease after a short time, he had his reasons, this is not what I wish to discuss.) In April. we decided to come off it a while, everything had become to regimented and we just wanted to enjoy sex again without all the pressure. We decided to go back on the Clomid. As I don't have periods without the aid of medication (will be heaven after all this TTC business is over) I could start the Clomid whenever I wanted to again. Doctor had advised me that I didn't need to induce a period before I started again. I was taking the pills on CD1-5 so that wasn't an issue either.

Right, my problem. I am now on CD10 and yesterday I noticed some spotting but knew that it could happen but it has now turned into a full period, cramps and all. I don't know what to do about the Clomid. Do I take this as the start of my cycle? Do I continue on the previous cycle? I'm at a loss and need some advice. I can't speak to my doctor as the offices are closed till Monday and by that point it will be too late. Do I count today as CD1 and start the Clomid again or do I count it as CD10? If I count it as CD1, am I am greater risk of a multiple birth (presuming that after all this time the conception occurs twice!) but not twins? If I count it as CD10, have I wasted this month and risking messing up next month too?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->