Clomid vs. Femara; cycle fail

ilovecheese

Reaction score
Well it looks like dealing with the Clomid crazies did no good. My OPKs have been super strange, so the doctor wanted to bring me in for a scan, even though I declined the early scan. Well, the scan was awful. They said there's no way to tell if I already ovulated [I tried to tell him that I definitely didn't but of course he wouldn't hear it]. I have ONE 12.1mm follicle right now; he said there's really no way to tell if it's ovulatory or not. They can guess by doing an estrodiol level [which they are doing today] and also an LH level to see wth is going on with my OPKs.

He said IF that one follicle is ovulatory, it is NOT from the Clomid, b/c any Clomid follicle would have burst by now. If it is ovulatory, at 12mm, I am looking at ovulation in a few days. If I don't have signs of ovulation within 3 or 4 days, then they want to do a progesterone draw to see if I ovulated [which, duh, I didn't]. If I get an OPK + within those 3-4 days, he said it would correspond with the u/s I had today and he would feel fine about doing an IUI then. If that follicle is not an ovulatory one and I don't icon_egg.gif as shown by my progesterone level, he wants me to do another PIO shot, but he says it's up to me.

They want to try Femera next cycle, the highest dose, instead of going up to 150mg of Clomid, b/c I told him how I turned into a rage monster with the Clomid.

I don't know what I am going to do ladies. I feel ready to give up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->