Cloth and nursery's?

xxxjacxxx

My Eggo is Preggo!
Reaction score
Leo goes to nursery twice per week for a full day and I'm a little worried about using cloth whilst he's there.
I'm not sure they will be too happy about having to flush poop down the loo, rinse nappy etc...:wacko: But I want him in cloth as much as possible in the day...
Do any of you's send your LO's in cloth and how are the nursery with it?

TBH make it as easy for them as you can, if they tip away poop let them if not just tell them to stuff it all in the wetbag and you can deal with it when you get home. that's what i intend on doing with my childminder and she's happy with it!

alternatively use paper liner for nursery then they can flush easier. but i wouldn't expect them to rinse them.

I hate the flushable liners....maybe I shall just ask them to stuff it in wetbag like you said, I didnt think of that :dohh:

Ask them Jac,some nurserys are happy to do it but others are not.My friend works in a cloth bum happy one but knows of others that just say no point blank.xx

hay ya,

I have a few friends that send there kids to nursery with cloth bums :D they all seem to be fine :) think the nursery just stick everything in the wet bag for the mums to deal with :)

My nursery is happy with it.. They just wanted individual bags to put nappies straight into, so for that I use decomposible nappy sacks. They just give it all to me, and so long as I empty it straight away it is fine.

When I looked for nurseries I visited 5, and all said fine and the area I live in doesn't have many cloth bums!

I work as a nursery nurse, and most nurseries should be ok with it. At our nursery, we tend to prefer the flushable liners, for convience for us (imagine changing 12 in a row!) and just put everything into the wash bag, ready for home time. It also cuts down on our waste, so we don't fill as many clinical waste bags, and get charged as much.

Now there leaves me with another problem then.....I hate the flushable liners that arrived today they are like the old paper towels we had at schooll...not soft at all, wont be putting those on his little tush:nope:

Now there leaves me with another problem then.....I hate the flushable liners that arrived today they are like the old paper towels we had at schooll...not soft at all, wont be putting those on his little tush:nope:

they sound horrible!

Maybe try the Bambino ones from Boots - they are biodegradable and feel soft https://www.boots.com/en/Bambino-Mio-Bio-Liners-200Pack_19739/

Olivia goes to nursery and they are happt to pop the poo into the toilet and leave the rest for me but I wash nearly every day....

The nursery I work in is more than happy to use cloth nappies, although some of the girls aren't keen on it. I empty the poo out but a lot of them just put it all in a wet bag if the liners aren't disposable. Only thing I would say is we have a LO in terry squares and she uses pins not Nappy nippers, it scares the life out of me using a pin on someone elses child! I didn't realise until I read other threads about cloths in nurseries that some refused to use them, I think thats disgusting and I'm surprised they get away with saying they won't use them!!!

try the bummis soft liners, weve started using them and theyre nice and soft.
mil's friend works in a nursery and she said their policy is to look after the child the way they are told by the parent who is PAYING them to do so !! theyve had people there use flips but id be tempted to send the easiest possible ones like made-up pockets or aio's with velcro, and whatever bag they say they find easiest.

Boots own brand paper liners are the softest around i have used them if we are going away as it makes life easier :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->