Cloth Diaper FAQ thread?

Tiff

LIKE A BOSS
Reaction score
There are lots of threads with cloth diapers questions, I was thinking about doing a cloth diaper FAQ thread and maybe having it stickied? I think it might help people who have questions about using cloth.

Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for some of the FAQs or whatnot. I thought maybe we could include links to the Nappy Review Thread so people can read through and see for themselves?

Some q's I see popping up a lot are How many do I need to start out with?, How hard is it to wash?, what is the difference between flat, prefold and fitted?

Thoughts? Is there anything anyone would like to add? I know a lot of it boils down to personal choice and how one thing that works for one baby isn't exactly going to work for another, but I think we could all come up with some great generalized FAQ's!

:hugs:

It's a very good idea cos we do get lots of threads down here repeating themselves... in fact I think it's been asked before to make them into stickies but it hasn't happened.

One of the members (whose name I can't remember- baby brain :dohh:) has made a full list of FAQs, the link is in her siggy.... grrrr, who is it?!!

Hmm, maybe if someone could remember that'd be awesome! I didn't know there was a limit for stickies so I don't think this one could get stickied anyways. Ooops! :haha:

But if whomever it is wouldn't mind if we linked to her sig maybe?

Wasnt it littlestar??? let me go look

that was a fab article and answered all my questions :D

Heres the links - might want to check with her first though :)

https://www.ethicalshoppingforbabies.co.uk/2010/01/cloth-nappies-getting-started/

https://www.ethicalshoppingforbabies.co.uk/2010/04/cloth-nappies-faqs/

Heres the links - might want to check with her first though :)

https://www.ethicalshoppingforbabies.co.uk/2010/01/cloth-nappies-getting-started/

https://www.ethicalshoppingforbabies.co.uk/2010/04/cloth-nappies-faqs/

Thanks!

Just realised how unhelpful my post was :rofl: brain is falling to bits I swear!!!

But yes those are littlestars articles, which are great!

hehe jetters you can blame baby brain :D I still do and Izzie is 9 months old now lol

Is it bad that I still blame Baby Brain and mine is 16 months old? :blush: My friend who has a 2 year old and a 7 month old calls it the "Mum Dumbs" :rofl:

I think it's a great idea. Littlestars links are fab, and a few times recently I've pointed newbies in her direction. It would be alot easier all round if we could sticky it :)
I know it keeps the forum ticking over but slightly tiresome reading/answering the same old questions and I would have appriciated it when I was starting out

If we can't have a new sticky, how about we do a FAQ thread (or use littlestar's link) and ask whoever started the Cloth Nappy and Wipes Review thread to edit the first post of it and just put the link there? We could ask them to change the title of the thread to include FAQs too, something like 'Cloth FAQs and Reviews'. Then even if the actual FAQ thread falls off the bottom of the page, there'll always be a link to it from a stickied thread.

:blush:
wondered why my ears have been burning all day! :rofl:

please do make use of the articles - thats what they are there for, i plan on keeping the links in my siggy anyway, but i can't post all the time - so feel free to make your own links to them. it would be good if we could sticky them somewhere.

by the way i you have any other q's please post them in a comment on the articles and i can add it to the article with the answer :)

i'm also working on some instructional videos for them - they're a little way off yet though :blush:

If we can't have a new sticky, how about we do a FAQ thread (or use littlestar's link) and ask whoever started the Cloth Nappy and Wipes Review thread to edit the first post of it and just put the link there? We could ask them to change the title of the thread to include FAQs too, something like 'Cloth FAQs and Reviews'. Then even if the actual FAQ thread falls off the bottom of the page, there'll always be a link to it from a stickied thread.

GREAT idea :thumbup::thumbup:

Deffo a great idea, as a totaly newbie I was way too 'insecure' to ask what is x y and z when I first perused this area, also there is a thread somewhere that sara might have done, but some natural parenting lingo like bb bg btp ssc etc could be quite usefull :)

oooh yes, there could be a link to the lingo thread in the sticky too.

That's a great idea to edit the Cloth Diaper Review thread! :thumbup: I can PM thelilbump to see if she minds!

oooh yes, there could be a link to the lingo thread in the sticky too.

I was thinking about that too, but I didn't know if it should go into the Abbreviation/Lingo sticky that is in the help section or if it should be here. I know that I got all :wacko: when it came to trying to figure out what AIO, AI2, BTP, etc....

:haha:

I think it should be here really... I don't think many people outside the NP section give a flying Flip (see what I did there? :rofl: :blush:) what the difference is between an AIO and a SIO! It could always go in the other one as well but I think it wouldn't get updated, whereas here it might :)

if you want anything adding to the articles themselves please let me know!

Jargon, anything....

If one of the other stickies came down, then there could be room for a new one.
Like the sell thread? Its used everyday so it will always be bumped to the top....

That's very true, are people okay with the cloth buy and sell coming down? :mrgreen:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->