Cloth Diaper Questions

TigerLady

CaveTiger Clan Mama
Reaction score
I can't use cloth diapers full time. :( Otter's daycare won't take cloth bum babies and as a full time working mom, the reality is I don't have time to care for them properly. BUT! I do wan't them as a part time alternative. I'd like to use them on weekends and as "breaks" for Otter's skin. They are so soft!

I have been researching which ones I like, but I'm a bit overwhelmed. :wacko: I have seen these in person and really liked them: www.clothdiaperseh.com but shipping from Canada is problematic (plus are all brands about the same price? They are not cheap!) Has anyone seen something like them available in the US?

What brands do you recommend for a big boy (21 lbs at 4 months), that is BF and has 2-4 big soupy poos per day (which often blow out diapers)?

Also, I have seen the UK ladies say you can do trial runs of different brands at certain stores. Anyone know if there is something like that in the US??

:help:

Thanks, Ladies!!!!!

your best bet would be i think to go preloved, if you want to trial a few of different kinds you can do that a lot cheaper if u buy preloved, i know a lot of girls here will ship to US and it doesnt cost that much more tbh, as for best nappies for you i couldnt say cos every baby nmeeds a different shaped nappy and one that is perfect for one maybe crappy for another iykwim, try a few, see what works for you and sell the rest on again :D

x

Those seem like an awesome price - usually ones like Fuzzibunz and BumGenius run at 24bucks Canadian per diaper. UH OH. I may have to get one or two, even though I don't need them ;) And the embroidery is so cute! I might get them when Miss M has grown out of her Fuzzi Bunz....

I think the most popular diapers out there are the BumGenius diapers, and you can get them in the states. I have a couple, and they fit multiple sizes, including big :) They have a higher rise, which might help in the explosion department...? I know you can order them in the states from the website.

I know there's another company here in British Columbia called DAPA diapers - they do all the major brands cheaply - maybe they'd ship?

I'd also be more than willing to ship a few down to you if you want to have them sent to my place near Vancouver. Or you could come up to visit...?

The way I figure it, every cloth diaper used is one less paper diaper in landfill, so even if you only use one cloth diaper a week, that is 52 diapers a year that you've kept out of the garbage!!!! Hoooray! I try to keep that perspective when we use paper (which we do overnight as they keep her drier than cloth - our sensitive lady! ;) )

Good luck deciding - let me know if you want to give it a go!

:)
A

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"