Cloth diapers question

meant2bamom

Reaction score
Not sure if I should be posting in this section or not but thought maybe some of you mommies would know.

I am planning on using cloth diapers and was wondering..

1) what brand did you prefer?

2) what kind of pail did you use for the dirty ones?

Thanks ladies!

I use bumGenius pockets & I use a wetbag in the laundry room :)

I'll be stalking this thread cause I'm always up for new ideas!! We did cloth for #1 (nearly 14 years ago) and #2 (4 yrs ago) and will do so again with #3. We used all kinds, fuzzybunz, bum genius, and another brand (which I can't remember the name, but will post when I do) that made cotton and bamboo prefolds. I loved them all but especially the fuzzybunz and the prefolds. We never used pocket nappies, but I think we will this time.

My MW is a member (or maybe runs) a cloth diaper cooperative and she carries a whole host of different kinds of prefolds and all-in-ones. We'll go through her to bulk up our supply as some of our old ones are getting kind of natty. I'll keep you posted on any new ones I see through her as well.

As for the bucket, we just used a small plastic bucket with a lid and washed every other day.

There are some great review sites online comparing clothies across the board (ease, cost, absorbancy, longevity, etc) I just can't remember what the websites are. If I stumble across them I will post!

We are using cloth with #1 who is due in a few weeks so I can't say which I prefer yet but I've bought a few brands now to try. We will be using pockets from birth to potty. I've got a mixture of bumgenius, totsbots, fuzzibunz, rumparooz and im
Waiting for some gogreen diapers. I love how soft the totsbots are,they seem much softer and trimmer than the bumgenius but will take a bit of practice stuffing the pockets. Also I've noticed on the smallest setting the totsbots have more of a bulk at the front than the bumgenius but we are starting at around 3mnths so probably won't use the smallest setting anyway.
Is also love to get hold of some softbums omni nappies. They look great!! :)

For newborns I found prefolds to be the easiest, since they grow out of them so fast. I like Bummis and Thirsties covers, and Snappis are a NECESSITY if you're using prefolds.

We use an empty cat litter bin (like this https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-sbN0Av9NmB8/UFCdCZdl_UI/AAAAAAAABSs/xRAZdMSbzMY/s1600/IM000847.JPG) because we have them anyway, and they're small enough they don't let us slack off on the washing.

Once baby's bigger, we have a good stash of Kissaluvs (fitteds) and FuzziBuns (pockets). We have a few BumGenius as well.

Personally I prefer diapers that SNAP rather than velcro (hook-and-loop) simply because the velcro wears out and so they can catch and/or pill up in the wash. Snaps have been more durable in our experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->