• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cloth nappies in hospital.

Munchkin30

1 DD,2 losses, Pregnant!!
Reaction score
Hey all,
I'm quickly heading towards number 2 being born and it's going to be a hospital birth. I've got a good stash of cloth nappies and a pack of natys disposables too. So far I've chickened out and packed the sposies :( did you manage to use cloth in hospital?? How many did you take?? Did you just send the dirty ones home to deal with when you got back?! Thoughts?!?
Xxx

I have thought and thought about this and I think I have decided that I will just use disposables in the hospital. I don't want to have to deal with the markonium in cloth if I don't have to!

Thanks kaja! I feel like I'm being a bit of a wimp :( also the shear volume of cloth nappies I'll need to take in would fill a suitcase!!

I intended to use cloth in the hospital, but it just didn't seem to work with the cord. In the end we used disposables until the cord came off then switched to cloth and haven't used a disposable since.

I am tentatively planning to use cloth in the hospital. We didn't get a chance with DS, we weren't ready and he was a preemie in the NICU. I am hoping to have a term baby with a short stay...but I may change my mind closer to.

I did this time round. We were stuck in for two days but I just send hubby home with a wetbag each day. He didn't go through many nappies on day 1 or 2 anyway. Hubby had strict washing instructions! The meconium washed out fine, it's the thing everyone worries about but I don't know what the big deal is! A wash and a couple of hours in the sun and they were pristine.

The midwives and HCAs were fascinated by my pretties and kept borrowing them to show the others :haha:

Oh, and the cord wasn't a problem with teenyfits or muslin/wrap combo, but we did use a cord tie instead of plastic clip for comfort x

I intended to use MCNs with #1 but my hospital provided terries so I used those. I packed my entire cloth stash for #2 as I had to birth 3 hours away from home and only planned to stay a few hours but didn't know if I would end up with a c section or not (higher chance since she was breech) and have to stay a week. If that happened mom and dh would have washed them at the rental accommodation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->