cloth nappies in older babies?

lynne192

mum 2 James & Libby
Reaction score
i have a 3year old son who is unlikely to be out of nappies anytime soon disposibles are costing me £10+ per week atm :( because he has behavourial, emotional and mental problems and was premature they said he is unlikely to potty train anytime in the near future, so i am thinking of changing to cloth nappies?

was wondering if anyone could advise me on cloth nappies and older children???? i have no idea where to start, i considered it when he was tiny but he used to leak right through them,

he is about size 3-4 in dispossible nappies....

any advice help or suggestions would be great

I can't advise much, but what I CAN SAY IS MY DAUGHTER - sorry about caps - is 3, 4 in oct and a flip fitted her - she is in size 6 nappies - she won't poo in the loo - dunno why :dohh:

so you should be able to get the to fit :flower:

thanks hopefully find something suitable sad they don't do cloth pull-ups lol.

Izzy is in size 4+ nappies and the large of every cloth nappy is plenty big enough and will probably fit til she is potty trained, so I suppose your little guy is athletic compared to my chubster!
So I dont think you would have a problem with the size of them.

I would maybe suggest side snap nappies if you can get them - as they are the trickiest for them to undo - velcro he will probably whip off in a nano second, and front snappers are easier than sides.

I hope that helps a little

i am sure I have seen potty training nappies which are like pants, but you can take off like a nappy. i can't for the life of me think where tho - maybe someone else can help

You can get washable training pants but they aren't designed to be absorbant like nappies.

https://www.fill-your-pants.com/training-pants/bright-bots-training-pants.html

Lots of the birth to potty nappies come up quite big :D

thanks hopefully find something suitable sad they don't do cloth pull-ups lol.

They do - just google cloth training pants

https://www.google.co.uk/search?sou...4&=&q=cloth+training+pants&btnG=Google+Search

If needs be you could still boost them!

thanks all for advice i don't mind what they are like as long as they fit him and can reuse them, i have to keep him clothed anyways so he wont be able to unfasen them because he is always fully clothed he can't reallt deal with being unclothed as he starts ripping himself to shredds out of stress.

thanks all about the pull ups my little man is terrible when it comes to peeing lol he can soak through almost everything but i think the lining idea would this help make them more absorbent?

wee man is only 24lb he is tiny he is only in 12-18months clothes :D

He'd be fine in most larges and birth to potties then as most of them go up to 35+lbs x

thanks all about the pull ups my little man is terrible when it comes to peeing lol he can soak through almost everything but i think the lining idea would this help make them more absorbent?

Yes I think you could line them with anything pretty much as they are very similar to a wrap, just with no sides

oh thanks now just got to fine someone who no longer needs these type of things and willing to sell lol :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->