Cloth nappies - to buy or not to buy

missamoo

Reaction score
With DD I used Little Lambs but found them too bulky and they were cutting in at her waist and making her really uncomfortable so I stopped using them at about 6 months and moved to disposables.

With DS I had 2 in nappies and there was no way I could cope with all the washing etc involved with cloth nappies so used disposables for him.

I'm hoping to get DS potty trained this summer so I've only got one in nappies when LO is born. I'd really like to try cloth nappies again if I can find some that aren't so bulky. The only thing is, getting my head, and DH's, round the initial outlay. I just can't seem to justify £200 odd on something that again I might find doesn't suit.

Any ideas on less bulky ones and getting my head round initial outlay? there are no schemes in my area to support real nappies

theres itti's, blueberrys, weenotions, issybear

loads hun

have a look on cloth nappy tree for preloved and you can experiment with different types and see which ones you prefer x

I only started yesterday but have bought a few different types. So far i have only spent £31 and have 14 nappies... i also am spending another £34 this week and will have another 10 nappies :) I bought all of them preloved either from cloth nappy tree or ebay or off some lovely ladies from here!!

I wasnt too sure about them but am totally converted already!

when dd was in them you could buy them preloved from ebay but they won't let you anymore!

you can hun but they are few and far between and normally come in kits with a few :)

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270570600312&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

heres some good ones :)

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280498506163&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

they are new tho :)

I can't recommend any brands since I am not using my nappies yet but I can say that you can get things cheaper! I have a few different sorts but mostly totsbots but did not spend much because everything was pre-loved from e-bay or factory seconds. There are a lot of pre-loved nappy sites, the thread at the top of this forum and e-bay. So if you don't mind pre-loved or very minor faults then that could be worth a try. Some e-bay shops have some good deals on new like 12 new AIO or pocket nappies with 24 inserts for £56.99 (inc. P&P) or totsbots seconds...

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/12-NaughtyBa..._Nappies_LE&hash=item255970a7d5#ht_9612wt_939

https://shop.ebay.co.uk/bargainbots/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25

if your ds is still in nappies why not try some birth to potty ones - it might help him on the way to toilet training. then you get to use them on two babies.

if you need a refresher on what's out there there are two articles linked in my siggy! :thumbup:

OK, biggest problem with Little Lambs was they had thick velcro tabs to do up, along with velcro tabs in the same place which just made the nappy too thick round the waist and dd couldn't bend!

If I could find something which isn't too bulky round the waist, poss nippa, with leg poppers on the wrap that might work. I'm worried about a birth to potty nappy being too big on a newborn.

you can get birth to potty pocket nappies which don't have the bulkiness around the hips and don't need a separate wrap - just as easy as a 'sposie

yea little lambs r huge. You might want to think about a slimmer btp pocket - a good value one is the fuzzi bunz, pretty but a tad more expensive are blueberries. Bumgenius are good for night time use IMO though they do get mixed reviews. I wouldn't plump for a kit until you have tried a few different ones. Some stores do mixed sets you can buy. I tailor make these to suit the customer for instance and try to get them the best deal. I think a few other places do this with set items.

Preloveds are a good cheaper way to do it but take caution, there are problems that can occur with preloveds such as stretched leg elastic and as with anything like that some people don't tell the truth with regard to quality, there have been a few issues like this just recently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->