Cloth Nappies

Brightonpixie

Reaction score
We are due in late January and we are thinking of using cloth nappies but we don't know what we need, where to look...there are so many websites and they are all so expensive. We are happy with second hand ones but if you have some sites you would recommend that would be great.

We live in Brighton UK if that helps.

I am sure we will be shown at antenatal classes how to use cloth nappies but any links on how to use them are welcome too....thanks x:blush:

Hiya,
Theres a great sticky at the top that i've put together with some of the other members here. (also in my siggy)
It has loads of info about the different types of nappies, jargon, places to buy new and second hand. have a whirl and fire away if you have any more Q's

i dont think you get shown how to use them at antenatal class, i never heard a word about them in pregnancy really

at our antenatal classes the midwife asked if anyone had considered using re-usable nappies- everyone bar myself and my OH shook their heads! She then said the council run an incentive scheme and there were samples and leaflets in the corner of the room.

That was it!

I learnt more from looking through the 1st page of threads in here than she did in the antenatal class altogether!

Hang around- read the stickys, look at the sites recommended by the ladies on here and then look in the buy/sell/swap nappy thread to see if any of the nappies you want come up!

:flower:

Oh I wish someone had mentioned about them in antenatal classes. bt not a word. I think most people have no idea they even exist and look that pretty!!!

We are due in late January and we are thinking of using cloth nappies but we don't know what we need, where to look...there are so many websites and they are all so expensive. We are happy with second hand ones but if you have some sites you would recommend that would be great.

We live in Brighton UK if that helps.

I am sure we will be shown at antenatal classes how to use cloth nappies but any links on how to use them are welcome too....thanks x:blush:

I visit our Local Surestart anti-natal group every month, but I don't think washable nappies are covered in most anti-natal classes. However, it might be worth mentioning to the midwife who runs yours that a talk about nappies from a Nappy Advisor would be very informative. There's bound to be a nappy advisor near you!

I'd recommend doing a trial before you buy anything Most nappy advisors will organise that for you - I certainly do, even by post if necessary :winkwink: and also, check whether your local council has an incentive scheme. Lots of councils either give nappies away, offer trial packs, or give vouchers or cash back on washable nappies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->