Cloth nappies

KellyMomma

Reaction score
Hi Silly question but how do the cloth nappies work? I mean do you change them as often as you would change a disposable nappy or do you change the liner every hour and keep using the same cloth nappy or do you change the liner and the nappy every hour or two? I know it depends on whether the nappy is soiled or not but typically we changed Leightons disposable nappy every three hours, depending on whether he did the nsaty in one lol. Now he is 4 months old we are switching to the cloth nappies and after two hours with three liners in, wee just soaked through the nappy? Am i doing something wrong or haven't i put it on tightly enough? Its the one with the fleece lining and the poppers on the outside!

I just need a little guidence! Feel stupid for not knowing but i just don't get what i should be doing!

Any info is appreciated!

Thanks

Kelly xx

Hey hun,

Which cloth nappies are you using? I use Totsbots easyfits and Louie can go a good 2-3 hours in them without soaking through.

You might want to have a look in the natural parenting section, there are lots of cloth using mummies in there who should be able to help you. I'm not really that knowledgeable as I'm just a beginner myself!

xxx

Liners are a good way to dispose of solids without having the whole nappy covered in poo (but if LO is breastfed it will go everywhere), and fleece ones create a stay dry layer as wee goes straight through and is absorbed by the nappy on the other side.

Inserts/boosters on the other hand are the part of pocket or all-in-one nappies that actually do all the absorbing. They sit between the liner or stay dry layer and the outside of the nappy.

I'm not sure when you said three liners whether you meant liners or inserts/boosters? Three liners won't give you any additional absorbency as they are designed to let moisure through not lock it away. It sounds like you need to get nappies made of more absorbent material or add boosters to the ones you have.

Microfibre is fairly absorbent and dries quickly. Bamboo is more absorbent but takes longer to dry, hemp is very absorbent but takes an age to dry (often used for night time nappies).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->