Cloth nappy questions

hmaz

Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering whether anyone would be able to provide some advice on cloth nappies.

I'm keen to use cloth nappies when LO arrives (although not necessarily just cloth nappies) and would like some advice on the types available and how many are needed. I've had a look on the internet and there seem to be so many different types and styles available and I'm a bit confused by it all tbh :confused:.

- Are the preshaped ones better than the older style flat cloths?
- Are one size ones better than sized?
- how easy are they to wash/dry etc.?
- if I wanted to use cloth nappies the majority of the time, how many would I need?

Sorry for the long list of questions!

When I was pregnant with Joseph we had a lady from lollipop come round and she showed us all the different types and we got to try them out on a teddy bear (lol) to see how easy they were to put on and which would suit us best :flower: x

https://www.teamlollipop.co.uk/nappy_advisors.html

A lot of them are personal choice hun! What works for one baby doesn't always work for another? Some companies do cloth diaper "Trial Packs" where you get a bunch of different kinds where you can "try" for a week and decide which work best with your baby. :mrgreen:

Washing and drying are easy, you just follow the directions given by the user instructions. Most cloth diapers have specific washing instructions. Definitely not hard in the slightest!

I started out with 24 cloth diapers, that would last us generally around 2-3 days. :)

- Are the preshaped ones better than the older style flat cloths?
What is better depends on your setup. Generally I would say the shaped modern ones are easier, more absorbent and more reliable. However flat terries are cheap and you never have a problem with fit.
- Are one size ones better than sized?
Again depends on your idea of "better" I thought I would prefer One size nappies but infact I have found I prefer sized as I find they fit my LO the best. Other people much prefer Onesize nappies, especially if they have two in nappies as it means they can use all their nappies for both children.
how easy are they to wash/dry etc.?
Very, wash on 40 or 60 with a small amount of detergent and then hang them to dry
if I wanted to use cloth nappies the majority of the time, how many would I need?
A full time kit normally consists of 20 nappies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->