Cloth or Disposable Diapers?

I'll be honest, I'm not worried about landfills. What I am worried about is saving money. That's one of the reason for me BFing and CDing. Although they both better for baby when is another reason but I won't be working and I need to save as much money as possible. I'll also be making my own diaper wipe mixture to help save money.
There are surely also some incineration plants close to your place so I dodesnt go on a landfill anyway. Theres a rubbish incineration plant close to where I live and another on on the opposite side of Hamburg .

I will definitely be using cloth: better for the environment and cheaper - I really don't see any downside (and you also get such cute designs, but that's just vanity!)

I agree on the cute designs ^^ Surely a plus to the plain ordinary nappies ^^

I have used both this time, i dont find any benefit to either. LO skin great with disposables and cloth, leakage about the same when it happens. I find though that i use disposables more for convenience so will probably do a bit of both.

I shall 100% be using disposables. One of the main reasons is that when I suggested cloths to hubby he said if we used them he wouldn't be changing any nappies! I wasn't overly bothered about using them anyway so when hubby said this, it was easy to decide. I know it's not good that they go to landfill and all but I really am not that bothered about using disposables x

Not to try and convince you but really in terms of changing the nappy they are no different to using disposables. I too would recommend using biodegradable if you want to go the disposable route. We started with Nature Babycare nappies and still use them when we go camping and washing nappies isn't possible. I preferred them to the pampers and huggies we were given.

I absolutely want to use cloth but am so confused about how all the different ones work!

i've used cloth with all of mine and my 3yo is still in them at night and my 7 month old is in them 24/7.
Button nose i'd love to see some you make as i am a bum fluff addict.
Any one who are undecided or confused by it all please come visit us in the natural parenting section on here xx

I'll be using cloth nappies! They only seem a little bit more work than disposables, but sooo much cheaper! Im thinking i might be able to persuade my mum to buy them for me (in a bulk lot!)- that means i wont ever have to spend money on nappies! Whereas i really cant see her popping over with a big bag of pampers every week- i think the novelty would wear off!!

I have brought cloth for my LO (6 weeks to go :happydance:)

I wouldn't advise buying too many of one sort, there are so many types out there you might find yourself discouraged if your choice doesn't coincide with baby's shape and give you a bad fit.

the best advise i can give to anyone wanting to try cloths is:
A: RESEARCH - some take longer to dry, some require wraps etc work out what your prepared to work with.
B: BUY FEW OF MANY - i have brought about 14 different types of nappy to test out, i have 2-3 of each type and many of them are preloved. there is a second hand market so you can sell on those that your not so keen with.
C: WARNING:Buying cloth can be addictive, you may feel inclined to buy certian nappies to get the colours/designs for the cuteness factor! :rofl:

i've used cloth with all of mine and my 3yo is still in them at night and my 7 month old is in them 24/7.
Button nose i'd love to see some you make as i am a bum fluff addict.
Any one who are undecided or confused by it all please come visit us in the natural parenting section on here xx

I have sent you a PM :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->