Cloth Sanitary Pads; any recommendations?

T-Bex

Mother of one
Reaction score
I've been looking for some for a while now, and I just don't know which one's to go for. Anyone use them, and which ones do you recommend? The stomach cramps I'm getting are hinting at the imminent return of our monthly friend...

I am going to try and make my own, as soon as my machine comes as all the ones I have seen seem quite expensive!

Ive made my own but also have some by minki (i think) and have 5 weenotions coming this week. The minki ones i find quite bulkly but then im used to tampax! The ones ive made myself work well tho :D

I've made loads of my own it cost about £1 a pad to make when i brought a good amount of material (total cost about £23) i have 23 pads! :thumbup:

i have honour your flow, weenotions and mommy's touch. I think the honour your flow ones are by far my favourite tbh closely followed the wn's

I've made loads of my own it cost about £1 a pad to make when i brought a good amount of material (total cost about £23) i have 23 pads! :thumbup:

What material did you use for yours? I only need liners as I use a cup, so I was thinking some bamboo/cotton velour which I have to make some night inserts for nappies, and then make the wings and a cover from some cotton...do you think that would work?

:flower:

i have some minki ones, weenotions and got some imse vimse organic cotton ones coming too x

I have some by an unknown wahm from America. I'm going to have a go at making some more myself, I just ordered some bags of scrap material from Puddlekins :D

Littlestar, it says the requested information doesn't exist x

I am well impressed at you girls who use reusable sanitary pads. I would love to but I just feel euuuurrk at the thought of washing them. I don't have any prob at all washing my baby's dirty nappies ... but pads full of my own period blood??! Is it one of those things that you just get used to? WHERE do you wash them - I mean, surely you don't just stick em straight in the machine. What about clots? (Sorry, that's a Q that may involve far TMI for some people!) Come on, persuade me, cos really I'd love to do this.

I am well impressed at you girls who use reusable sanitary pads. I would love to but I just feel euuuurrk at the thought of washing them. I don't have any prob at all washing my baby's dirty nappies ... but pads full of my own period blood??! Is it one of those things that you just get used to? WHERE do you wash them - I mean, surely you don't just stick em straight in the machine. What about clots? (Sorry, that's a Q that may involve far TMI for some people!) Come on, persuade me, cos really I'd love to do this.

I haven't used them yet but I plan on it postpartum. I think you rinse them out before you chuck them in the wash at least that's the way I would do it. At first the idea is kind of yuck but the way I look at it...it's only blood and your blood to boot so it doesn't gross me out anymore. I have some people who have said they would try cloth as well but others who are completely grossed out by the idea...the way I think of it is what would they have used years and years ago before disposables? I get so sweaty and feel disgusting when using disposables...cloth is supposed to help you breathe down there so imagine it would be much more comfortable. I would like to make my own but so far haven't quite figured it out but think I will buy my PP ones and then make some later for after Maddie is born.

I really liked this site....it was pretty much what changed my mind!
https://www.labyrinth.net.au/~obsidian/clothpads/why.html

Yea i just rinse under the tap tbh, sometimes juts lie it down whilst the water runs. i stop doing it once the water is running clearish and then just throw in with my nappies/ towels. it's not so bad tbh! Just try one and then you'll see. It gives you a whole new persepctive of how los must feel in disposables and cloth!

Yea i just rinse under the tap tbh, sometimes juts lie it down whilst the water runs. i stop doing it once the water is running clearish and then just throw in with my nappies/ towels. it's not so bad tbh! Just try one and then you'll see. It gives you a whole new persepctive of how los must feel in disposables and cloth!

Agreed! :winkwink:

I just rinse it under the cold tap and then put it in the nappy bucket. To be honest, my own blood doesn't bother me at all so it's not something I've had a problem with.

I've been using Luna Pads (https://lunapads.com/) for my postpartum bleeding and am really enjoying them. They're easy to use and super comfortable. I'm washing them with Kaiden's diapers, which makes life easier. :)

What about clots? (Sorry, that's a Q that may involve far TMI for some people!) Come on, persuade me, cos really I'd love to do this.

so this may be too TMI too, but from what I've hear, clots kinda stay inside more with mama cloth, coming out when you're on the toilet, rather than being drawn out of you by the crazy absorbant gel stuff that is in the 'sposie pads- like I said, probably wayyyyy to TMI, lol :) Can't say I've put it to the test though :blush:

Just one more question, I am quite keen to try too... do they not leak onto your clothes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->