Clothes for chubby toddlers?

lau86

Reaction score
I'm having trouble finding clothes for my daughter, particularly jeggings/ jeans. She is 20 months and I've just bought 1.5-2 from next and they are snug on her bum and legs. She is chubby but I wouldn't say huge or anything! I think going up a size would be too long? Does anyone know any shops that naturally come up a bit wider? My boys are slim so I don't know

Try 24 month. I've heard that size is more for the chunky

From my experience, Asda leggings are quite big. My girls have the opposite problem. My almost 4 year old wears 2-3 leggings which are quite baggy on her but getting a little short now. She drowns in 3-4 though. Dd3 is the same with 1.5-2, but 12-18 are too short.

Just go a size up! At least if they're too long you can roll up the legs.

My boys have never fit the size that is their age. They're both really tall so my just turned 2 year old has been in size 3 since 18 months and my almost 5 year old is in size 6 & 7. We have the opposite problem in that we need them bigger for the leg length but they end up being too wide in the waist and falling down. :lol:

Sainsburys come up huge. But with leggings it should be easy to bunch them a bit on the length.

I think I got a bit freaked out by some weird jeggings I found in my next sale haul- they were 2-3 but I've just realised they're about 3 inches longer than the other 2-3. Hopefully 2-3 will be fine!

Morrisons always come up large too. GAP come up really short for their size, so might fit better (they have adjustable waist bands, GAP is the only brand that Gracie fits into 12-18m properly and she is 21m, everything else she is 9-12m)

I've found Morrisons leggings to be perfect for my skinny girl. They're long but small in the waist. I cant find many others that long to fit her waist.

I've found Morrisons leggings to be perfect for my skinny girl. They're long but small in the waist. I cant find many others that long to fit her waist.

Gracie is ridiculously skinny but short too, she's still in 6-9 months Morrisons ones so I didn't realise they were skinny! Ignore me! I just knew they were huge made. Which is odd because their first size stuff is TINY!

Gracie is ridiculously skinny but short too, she's still in 6-9 months Morrisons ones so I didn't realise they were skinny! Ignore me! I just knew they were huge made. Which is odd because their first size stuff is TINY!

Their leggings are great, the only ones she can wear in her size, lol. I have 2 year old stuff from Next that I'm waiting for her to grow into. She still fits her 6-9 month shorts and skirts at 3 years old!

Their leggings are great, the only ones she can wear in her size, lol. I have 2 year old stuff from Next that I'm waiting for her to grow into. She still fits her 6-9 month shorts and skirts at 3 years old!

Next is huge! Especially their tops. M&S is huge too. I am the exact same in next, their sizing is so inconsistent. I go between an 8 and a 14.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->