Clothing for baby

angelmum31

Reaction score
How much are you buying baby? I have a few newborn vests and babygros, eight in size 0-3 of vests and babygrows... Is this enough? I over bought with my dd and didnt end up putting her in half of the bits I bought but wanting to make the most of the sales if I need more...

I have a tumble dryer so not overly concerned with getting things washed and dry but dont want to be caught out when out and about!

Also do I buy baby a coat? Struggling to find one in newborn size....

Lastly, do I use fabric conditioner when washing clothes? I had my dd so long ago I cant remember any of this! xx

Personally I would buy more, I'm terrible for buying ds clothes though! My DS also vomited loads so we went through clothes like crazy. Muslins were also a big must for us. I think I would have at least 7 vests, 7 sleep suits and lots and lots of Muslins. Also a few outfits, one for coming home and 2 or 3 for visitors days etc. Also, do you have any newborn sized? My DS was under 7lb and was in tiny baby then newborn for a little while before 0-3 though it's definitely good to have 0-3 they will get used a lot I'm sure. Also try to look for sleep suits with the built in mittens so much easier than messing around with the separate ones. Most of all, don't panic, whatever you don't have that you need you can always buy once baby is here. That's one thing I totally overlooked lol and it really wasn't a biggie to pop out for bits or to order for delivery x

Edited : so sorry autocorrect put Muslims instead of Muslins x

Was just thinking the same this am . I too overbought with Ds , ended up with mountains of needless washing as I jus tkept using the new ones lol..... This time I'm thinking 8 of everythign , vests , babygrows etc ... To start with and see how we get on ... Ill have to limit myself lol

HI. Don't use fabric conditioner as this can cause skin rashes in babies and children. I didn't know this (I didn't use it anyway) and when i was trying to find the cause of my daughters skin rash my doctor said it's a common cause.

I haven't bought a single thing yet! I don't have a bag packed either!

I'd get several vests and baby gros in newborn size if I were you. We had mostly 0-3 months when DS was born as we expected him to be a 9lber. Instead he was 7lbs 10oz and the 0-3 sizes drowned him. We had to send family out to get newborn sizes which he was in for a month.

We never had a newborn coat even though it was autumn, just covered him in blankets until he was big enough to fit in snowsuits.

As for fabric conditioners we used it, but only the non-bio ones.

Oops I've been washing baby clothes in a fabric softener/delicates liquid!

Honestly I am having so much doubts about this!

We are team yellow, so I bought 5 of everything except sleepsuits white (cannot seem to find white sleepsuits, and I do not like yellows and greens).

So I got some sleep suits for both boy or girl. My main issue is I bought only NB, seeing as we make smaller babies (in weight anyways!) will be waiting till baby is born to buy 0-3 months.

Some people skip right to 0-3 months, so wouldn't be a bad idea to have a couple of those just in case! My DS stayed in newborn for 5-7 weeks. And as another pp already said, to also have a couple of outfits, not many of course but just a few (3 or so is imo enough for NB stage).

I've bought so much :blush: In all sizes upto 9-12 and a jumper in 12-18 months... (Bigger sizes are sale things that I've liked!) I figured it'll all be bought eventually and it saves me some money in the long run!

Most people have bought presents in the smaller sizes and my first buys were the small sizes. Wish I could tell you how many bits I've got but I've absolutely no idea :dohh:

Iv got about 8 vests and baby grows in both newborn and 0-3 and that's it. Family will end up buying stuff once baby is here and I don't like newborns in clothes anyway.

Getting newborns into a coat, or snowsuit is like trying to solve the rubixcube. Also you can't put them on in the car seat with them on. Go for sleeping bags, footmuff a etc instead. Don't know where you are but you can buy fleece star shaped blankets to take them out that don't have zip or buttons just strategic folds which work better. ( one company is tuppence and crumble),

We're team yellow and I have 5 neutral 'up to 1 month' sleepsuits and vests and 3 0-3 neutral sleepsuits. I also kept most clothes from my 2 DDs so if this baby is another girls we won't need to buy much else! If it's a boy I imagine we'll want to put him in boys clothes asap so i've tried not to overdo the neutrals.

I've got loads, but about 95% is borrowed from my sil! I personally haven't bought anything in newborn, but that was because I knew my first was going to be big. My husband's family just makes them big. If I needed newborn I would have gone to get it after he was born. I'd rather have to go out afterwards and have him swimming in clothes too big then have newborn clothes that would never get worn.

I don't use fabric softener at all, but that's a personal preference and has nothing to do with washing baby clothes. Instead I use wool dryer balls in my dryer and they replace the need for fabric sheets and help dry faster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->