Clothing, help with sizes.

RainbowDrop_x

Reaction score
So far we've done really well with baby items. We started early to spread the cost and all the major items are now brought and paid for so its the small bits we're on now. And boy am I struggling with clothes and what sizes to get.

I had the same struggle with my DD and I've hit the same hormonal panic that my child is never going to be dressed because I'm so confused with all the sizes.

This is my list so far:

7x newborn short sleeved vests
2x newborn long sleeved vests
6x newborn sleep suits

7x up to 1 month sleep suits

3x 0-3 months sleep suits
7x 0-3 months short sleeved vests

Is there anything I need to add and to what age/size. I'm not interested in outfits, this is my last baby and I plan to keep her in sleep suits to keep her a baby as long as possible so I'm only looking at basics. We also have various hats/mitts/socks but those things don't panic me. It's just the sizes and how much i need.

I'm only going based on DDs birth weight which was 8lb 2oz and I know that's not a reliable thing to go on but the size/weight thing is what is getting to me! Help!!!

I'm not sure what vests and sleep suits are... I'm in the states lol.

Are vests onesies? Sleep suits I'm assuming are the one piece pj type things. I kept my daughter in onesies and pjs for months! I'm with you, I don't really do "outfits" when they are so little. I think I had around 10 of each style for each age group. Probably more onesies. I kept my daughter in long sleeves for a long time. It's really only warm (and thus, warm in the house) during summer here, so I only dressed her in shorts sleeved stuff for maybe 4 months or so. We're just starting to get cool here in New England, so I'm starting with long sleeve and pants. But she's almost 2 now, so she's fine in anything lol

ETA: she was 9 lbs when born and I didn't have a lot of newborn things. Within a few weeks she was in 0-3 mo anyway so that was fine.

My dd was 7lb2 (10 days late) when she born and she fit into tiny baby size for a couple of weeks and then newborn for a few weeks. 0-3 was massive on her for ages!

I'm going by her weight for this baby and am only buying newborn size for now as we're team yellow, so will buy next size up things once we know the gender. I'm also planning on just using sleep suits, not outfits, for the first few months. I never used long sleeved vests, even though it was winter. Just a short sleeved vest under a sleep suit.

Personally I'd be buying a few more of the things on your list in each size. I remember my dd some days getting through 4 or 5 sleep suits and it was a nightmare trying to get everything washed and dried each day. I'd rather buy more, so I don't have that added stress.

Apart from sleep suits and vests, I've got a few knitted cardigans and hats and cosy snow suits in 3 sizes for when we go out for walks. I can't think of much else they will really need at that age.

Sorry, missed the bit where you said you had 7x up to 1 month sleepsuits. I never bought any that size before, but imagine they'd be fine for a newborn. So 13 sleep suits for at first sounds about right. I was planning on getting around 15.

I'm making sure to buy about a weeks worth of clothing in each size. I am not one for outfits either. Although, I will be buying an outfit or two in each size for any special occasions that may arise. We do laundry every weekend, so a weeks worth is fine for us. Then as the baby gets older she will have about two weeks worth of each item (pajamas, pants, shorts, shorts, onsies). We noticed we used more clothes as time went on. I bought enough clothing for my son until 12 months before he was born. This time, I'm letting family fill in the gaps, lol.

That all sounds fine to me, you can always get more newborn once she's born if you have a smaller baby. All I'd add is up to 1 month vests maybe?
I know I have big babies (both dd's were 9 pounders) so I'm skipping newborn and getting enough up to 1 month size to last a week (we're team yellow but have mountains of girls clothes!) Hoping that will work out ok :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->