Cluster Feeding

P

petal040

Do all babies outgrow this? Mine still cluster feeds from 7pm until around 9.30pm. (We've managed to bring her bedtime forward half an hour from 10pm by going up 5 mins earlier each night - I'm hoping to get to 9pm).

I don't really mind it - in fact I quite enjoy the close cozy time in the evening - but a 'friend' (who isn't really a friend, and seems to disapprove of the way I parent LO in general) told me she should have outgrown this by now. Just wondered if that is true?

I don't have the experience, but I guess I have faith (maybe naively) that babies do what babies need. I'd just do wat works for you two x

Our LO is nearly 5 months and still showing a strong preference for eating more in the late afternoon. He may eat 2pm/5pm/6pm/7pm (the 6 and 7 and more like one split feed). I figure the more he eats before bed, the more chance of him sleeping longer!

She should NOT have outgrown it. :roll:

Otter was still cluster feeding often at that age. He still does sometimes (at 4.5 months) when he is in a growth spurt or feeling poorly.

You will probably start to see the cluster feeding easing off gradually starting soon. But let her decide when and how to ease off it. And don't be surprised if she goes back to it now and again. :)

Hi, Seb cluster feeds from 6till11/12pm and I get exhausted! How have u managed to get it from 10 to 9 as I would really like to get to bed earlier!! But I just haven't a clue how to do it without him crying for more food! He is only 5.5wks though so I suppose I shouldn't try?!?!

BB,

Always feed on demand, especially in those first 8 weeks. Have you considered co-sleeping? That would get you to bed earlier. :)

Hi, Seb cluster feeds from 6till11/12pm and I get exhausted! How have u managed to get it from 10 to 9 as I would really like to get to bed earlier!! But I just haven't a clue how to do it without him crying for more food! He is only 5.5wks though so I suppose I shouldn't try?!?!

My LO used to go into 'night time' sleep around 8pm, and would wake for feeds during the night. However recently, she started staying awake until 10pm, which is when we go to bed (we share a room - we used to co-sleep - and I think she enjoys us all going together). She sleeps through now.

So... just this week (so starting when she was 12 weeks old), we all started going up to bed 5 minutes earlier each day. We also introduced her dreamshow as a new sleep cue. So far it has worked - it will be 9.30 tonight.

Tonight I am going to go on my own with her without OH.

The plan is, that once we get to 9 (if we get there lol!), we'll stick with that for a few days with me going to bed then too - then I will start leaving the room instead of staying.

I was hoping that if we did it gradually - she would start feeding a little earlier if she needed to and so not be hungry. If she was crying for food I would feed her whatever time it was :)

Hope that made sense! :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->