Clutter breakdown

Amethyste

Mummy to Ella
Reaction score
I feel like crying. I am working full time with a 6 year old, my OH has just started a new job but it s a lot of work and he is starting in this field so he does extra work at home atm. Anyway my house is just trashed. I tried to sort out DD bedroom but it s just impossible cos she has so much junk and the spare bedroom is going to have to be cleared up for the baby and I don't know what to start there is clothes and toys everywhere. We just bought a washing and a dryer separately so that is helping a bit but I am just exhausted at the minute. And I feel like I am having a breakdown and how I am going to cope with 2. Also I have been taking driving lessons for a year but I struggled with anxiety. I was getting better but had to stop for a month cos I had no money left after Christmas. Hopefully I will pass before the baby is born..I feel like everyone is managing perfectly fine and I am the only one who can't drive or keep my house tidy..., :-(

I cant drive either, definitely not the only one there! The thought terrifies me, done some lessons but I was a wreck the entire time :haha:

As for the housework, have you got any time off work coming up? Where you could maybe spend a day or two just doing bits at a time until your on top of it? Our two are reasonably good at tidying up behind themselves so I'm fortunate that way. But ironing is where I struggle! Since Christmas I've made myself do some every other night to stay on top of it. It's such a pain though!

Right now it is just DH and I, and my house is a disaster. I can't imagine adding a 6 year old!

Don't worry about the baby room yet, focus on what will make you feel most relaxed, like having your bedroom or living room in order. Small steps. I'm hoping once I get through the first tri more energy hits to keep up with the house. I've got 3 baskets of clean clothes that haven't been folded for 3 weeks and dishes get done once a week.

I understand how you feel Amethyste, I hate my house being messy and already feel like I'm constantly cleaning and tidying to stay on top of it. So I had a bit of a panic today about how on earth I am going to manage it with two, or even how I'll ever get the third bedroom cleared and ready. Rationally I know it will somehow come together and be okay but it doesn't always feel that way!

I'm going to try to look at achieving small things rather than thinking about the big picture as it will just feel overwhelming, e.g focus on clearing out cupboards in my bedroom first as I use that now but it will also give space for stuff coming out of the third bedroom.

I can completely understand. The end of my pregnancy was just awful and my house has fallen apart. I am hoping to start ticking to do boxes off my list now.

Like pp mentioned focus on the most on the areas that are used the most. The nursery can definately wait for now.

Thanks for all your replies. I am gonna try to focus on clothes and children toys to start with. I really need to get rid of some of her toys, she's got it so many and she hardly play with them and her birthday is coming soon !

My mom revealed to us when we were older, that she used to box up a bunch of our toys, and would rotate them out, so it was like having new toys! It kept the clutter down since there were only some of them out at a time and kept it interesting. Just am idea!

Also, at almost 6, I would put dd in charge of some of the cleaning out of her toys, she can pick the ones she loves the most and ones she may be willing to part with.

I definitely feel you, hun. I have 4 LOs and my house is currently in such a state of disarray that I pray nobody shows up to visit. My toddler is a little tornado. She is constantly picking stuff up (blankets, toys, clothes... you name it), carrying it around the house and dropping it in places it doesn't belong. She is also messy when it comes to eating. If my older two leave food at the table instead of throwing it away when they're done, she'll climb up and eat it with her hands. Always a mess with her around. She has no table manners. I pray that it'll get better by the time this baby is here but then my youngest will be going through that phase so it seems like I'll never have a clean house for a while.

My mom revealed to us when we were older, that she used to box up a bunch of our toys, and would rotate them out, so it was like having new toys! It kept the clutter down since there were only some of them out at a time and kept it interesting. Just am idea!

Also, at almost 6, I would put dd in charge of some of the cleaning out of her toys, she can pick the ones she loves the most and ones she may be willing to part with.

Yes, I rotate toys out as well! I have to it it gets so messy and disorganized. I put them all in clear plastic totes so my kids can see what’s in them and they pick 1 or 2 totes out to the living room area at a time. My 3.5 year old is getting better at picking up too before he gets to switch the toys out.
... but my house does still get messy and the toys get disorganized. Especially because I have t felt well and I have had no energy. It happens. My husband helps me as much as possible. I just try to take it one room at a time get a little bit done here and there. I know the whole nesting phase will come and my house will be in good shape then lol!

I'm sorry you feeling like this, i can understand how you feel about an untidy home. i am a neat freak and when i see mess it can alter my mood. however i have realized that with children, you do the best you can. Take little tasks at at time and try clean up as you go, that way it wont heap up and be overwhelming.

You're meant to be really tired in the first trimester, so don't worry about feeling like you can't cope with the house work! Your energy levels will rise again in second and third trimester, and once nesting kicks in, you'll get it all done, don't worry!

I had a bit of a mad panic today, I only found out I'm pregnant over the weekend, but I just did a deep clean in the living room and regret doing it, because I feel like I over did it. Don't over work yourself. Do little bits at a time. Write down smaller tasks, and leave the bigger ones until you have a burst of energy.

Get your OH to just generally tidy up after himself as to not cause more mess for you.

Is there a day someone has your DD? Could you invite a friend or relative round to help you sort through toys/clothes while someone else has her? Helps if theres two of you :) I cannot sort through old toys while my son is in the house, he just wants to play with everything I touch, even if he has had no interest in the toy for months!

Little steps at a time! You have 9 months to get everything into shape! My house is a mess at the moment too! Don't worry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->