CM - apologies in advance for tmi

NatoPMT

Real life mummy
Reaction score
I think i might have a cm problem.

Last time we tried for 3 months and conceived on month 3, first month i used pre seed. Didnt really think it was to do with the pre seed, but this month ive been paying attention for the first time

I got a strong positive opk yesterday and a negative today, so i should ovulate today / tomorrow, but I dont think i am getting the ewcm

heres the really rank bit, if you've been bding every day, can you still tell the ewcm easily? Also, last night we used pre seed, and my cm is different to usual, do the pre seed and swimmers change things?

sorry.

I find it hard to tell the difference too. I think that ewcm should be clearer (more like preseed) and stretchier. The other thing you can do (if you can be bothered) is drop some in a cup of water - ewcm will sink and form a ball, semen will float/dissolve - not sure what the preseed will do! You're doing the right thing using it if you think you're lacking ewcm though and sounds like you've for the BDing covered - good luck! x

oo goody, thanks B, now i can do a science experiment and the pre seed might spontaneously combust, exciting.

i dont think theres enough to drop anywhere though, im not entirely sure if this is normal for me either and now im worrying that its not, and my body is telling me not to try this month otherwise there would be the right things going on.

i can make a panic out of anything i can. Im off to do experiments.

:rofl: I'm imagining you in a white coat and big goggles bent over a bunson burner with your "sample" in a test tube!

I wouldn't worry too much about the lack of ewcm, I think its fairly common problem and can be addressed with the preseed (or maybe conceive plus). I certainly have a lot less after my MC than I did before.

We can always find something to panic about though!

xxx

haha. i am writing up my report now.

thanks B x

Sorry to ask but what is preseed?
Sounds like something I should be trying!!!!!

here ya go smiler:

https://www.preseed.co.uk/

read all about it

Its a pretend version of ewcm that you can use if you arent producing any. I read the other day that some experts judge fertility on how many days of ewcm you produce, 1 day being the lowest and 5 days being the highest fertility.

Hey there, I have the same problem. I've been noticing for 2 years now - ever since I started trying. When I finally learned about preseed, I got pregnant the first time trying it. The second pregnancy took longer. I used preseed every time I BD'd at ovulation time. Took me 8 months to get pregnant. As you probably know, they both ended in mc.

Just started trying again and am using preseed. I'm so frustrated by the lack of EWCM! I took EPO last cycle (when I wasn't trying) and got some good EWCM. Of course this cycle, NOTHING! I get the wet, watery CM but that's it. I don't know what else to do.

I have a theory. Tell me what you think. I'm 35. You are 37, right? I'm wondering if lack of EWCM has anything to do with age? Just a thought.

I've read that grapefruit juice can help and robitussin. I tried robitussin and it didn't work for me. Last thing for me to try is the grapefruit juice. Do you know of anything else? If the tie to fertility and EWCM is accurate, then I'm very concerned. BUT, we did both get pregnant, right? So, we're obviously still fertile!

Hi Hearty

Im 39 in June, and i was thinking the same, i actually hadn't noticed a lack of it before, but i do remember getting it when i was younger, i wish i paid more attention cos then i would know a bit more, but i think it might be an age thing too - i am just hoping its not an indication of other lower fertility symptoms - but yes, i got pregnant 3rd month in January so im hoping things happen that quickly again for both of us

im gonna do some reading on this and ill let you know if i discover anything - ive actually only just started to think about ewcm so havent heard of anything, wasnt aware of the grapefruit juice. Im obsessed with grapefruit juice as well, but usually when its got vodka in it. booo.

youve had a horrible time with this, i hope things get easier very very soon

just found this hearty:

Women in their twenties typically have more days of EWCM than woman in their thirties. Although it is not always true, women in their twenties will have around 5 days of EWCM and woman in their thirties may have only 1 or two days with EWCM.

Ha haa! I love grapefruit with vodka! Delicious!

I was on the pill for 17 years straight, so never noticed EWCM. I went off in 2007 when I started trying to get pregnant. I notice arousal fluid which looks the same, but apparently isn't.

Yes, do let me know if you come up with anything in your reading. I'd be curious if you found anything.

In the TWW now, 3dpo and fingers crossed. I know you just had a positive OPK. Did you Ov yet? Good luck!

just found this hearty:

Women in their twenties typically have more days of EWCM than woman in their thirties. Although it is not always true, women in their twenties will have around 5 days of EWCM and woman in their thirties may have only 1 or two days with EWCM.

We must have been posting at the same time! Ok, this is helpful. I have had 1 day of it at times, but very scant. Too bad I was on the pill throughout my 20's! Well I do know plenty of women who had babies in their late 30's and into their 40's, and they didn't have preseed! We can do this, yes we can!

hahaha im slipping over in puddles of PMA

i dont think i have had any ewcm at all this month but its only my first full cycle after mc so my hormones might not be properly in place yet, i got a strong opk on Tuesday and a negative yesterday, so i must be ov yesterday / today, but i dont know my ov symptoms, im completely crap at this.

think i am 1dpo, im standing behind you, quaking in my boots

This might not be very helpful as Ive just turned 40 and have always had 5-6 days of ewcm. Eff all it has done for me - meaning Ive still decided to try Preseed (and Zestica, same thing different brand) and if no luck this month i shall try Conceive Plus next ( as has extra minerals etc that help the sperm penetrate the egg, hmm..:))

My point is, im using it cause im older and i need all the help i can get for those little suckers to reach the egg and if that means i'll use tricks and magic, dammit i will.

Having said that, ewcm really isn't the holy grail its presented to be (unless you have been told otherwise) and many women go on to conceive perfectly well without it. Also, you might have it but not be able to actually tell/ feel it - not everyone has a well of this stuff, lol!

Anywhoo, just thought i should throw my 2 pennies in and say its not be all and end all and that there are some great products out there that can help a lot! :)

(Ive bought preseed on bay..things seem to be a lot cheaper on there! )

Actually it is helpful Omi. Thanks for that! Makes me feel better.

Hi Nato, I was wondering the exact same thing! As you will know from another thread, this was the first month I felt ready to TTC again. I have never charted etc, been very lucky -just v. regular BD around mid month, which is when I assume I ovulate and this worked both pregancies for us, thankfully.
Anyhoo, since being on this forum, I have learnt alot about this EWCM malarky and for the exact same (rank!)reason, I can't really see the difference. AF arrived this month, can't be too disappointed as it is only the first month, But I have just purchased some ovulation sticks, just to put my mind at rest that everything has settled down after the MMC,

As probably the oldest bird on here I reckon... I have to say that I've found over the years that my cm has defininitely become a little less abundant shall we say.... not only during the cycle but also whilst bd'ing.... and I'm sure that has to do with my age as I know it's nothing to do with fancying my OH (who is gorrrgeoussss!) I don't know what ewcm means but if it is the eggwhite mucus you get around ovulation, then as far as I've found it is not always necessary to see this to conceive, with my first 2 pregnancies I didn't get it, with this one I did, in abundance (I wasn't opk'ing as I had just had my 2nd mc). The eggwhite came around a day before I ovulated and then immediately went back to nothing 2 days later. It was only around 10 days later it started to get quite slippy/stretchy again, because I was pregnant!

We used pre-seed the 2nd and 3rd time and I really do believe it must help (especially as I've been told by my gynae) and this is TMI that I have a very very long vagina! It was found out at my first smear when they put the speculum in and it only opened half way! They always have to go fetch an extra long one out the back now (and I can't even look at it as it's like some torture instrument).

Anyway I think it can vary month to month, so Nato I wouldn't get too hung up on it hun.... remember relaxing is key (i know that's an easier thing to say than do)...

Fingers crossed to all of you.

look at you whyme, getting tooled up for next month!! I cant tell from cm whats going on, so im relying on ov sticks.

Thanks Omi, thats very useful, always a relief when someone has reason to think worries arent all that worth worrying about. Im gonna give the conceive plus a try next month, mix it up a bit. I like the idea of magnesium ions, that sounds like something that i want to get involved in.

Hi Money, how are you and your long vagina getting on? I think it sounds like i am defo best carrying on using the pretend cm - i am right behind you

I've just wandered in from the MC thread... I have problems with CM - I understand that it does decline with age.

Grapefruit juice?? Not heard of that one?

I have hostile CM and was 7 years in conceiving but lost the baby at 9 weeks from a MMC. We desperately want to try again, but don't really know why we got a BFP this time after so long!

We are going to try Preseed or Conceive Plus (which you can get from Boots!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->