Co sleep to crib: update

cupcake

Mommy of a gorgeous boy!
Reaction score
Well...
we spent a couple of hours on friday and a couple of hours on saturday night disassembling and re-assembling the crib and moving it into our room. I put it right next to my bed.
I put him in it at 10:30 pm after he fell asleep on his dad's shoulder. He woke up at 11:00! meh...
I nursed him and we fell asleep in my bed til 12:45 so then i tried to put him in his crib again, lasted 20 min... meh....
so i tried to nurse again and we fell asleep til 5 in my bed... o well...

I know its a step even putting the crib next to my bed and putting him in it, but how do i keep him in it?!

p.s. also had a little cry when he was in there for 20 min, my bed felt lonely.
Really dont know why i was so emotional, i know its the right thing to do by moving him.

I am still not ready to move Bren out of my bed.

In the No Cry Sleep Solution, she recommends introducing the baby to his crib. Start by making it a pleasant place to be. Place him in it when he is awake and in a good mood, and let him spend time there, increasing each time. Don't let him cry in it. She said give him a toy and let him play. Make it a place that he is comfortable being in when he wakes up.

You can also, wear on of your biggest baggies t-shirts all day around, and wrap that around the mattress, so he will be able to smell you there.

The book is really good, and I am only half way through it.

i tried to make it nice, it has a fun fisher price rainforest bumper and a colorful mobile, and i do put him in there when he is happy to play and look around, but when he starts crying how do i get him to stay in there? If i take him out each time, then what am i achieving?

i'm trying this too at the mo. I wanted to leave it longer but it turns out LO has reflux and I needed to angle his bed. Instead of angling the bed for all 3 of us I thought it made sense to get LO into his own bed. I put it right next to ours. Last night was the first night and it went really well. He was there until 7 am.

I happened to leave him in his cot for a few minuets every morning while I got dressed. At first he grumbled but after a few days he seemed to enjoy those times and was calm and likes the cot. So last night I put him in his cot to sleep. I cant do it while he's awake as he'll just lay there wriggling adn eventualy scream. So for now I'm popping him in while he's asleep.
They say to let them go into teh crib awake?At least he wakes up there and will get used to being in there I am assuming? Eventually it wont be such a shock to him.....Its the best i can do for now as I cant let him cry it out..I just cant...
Well Ted was in there and screaming earlier, and I picked him out as it wasnt going to stop and so the next time he fell asleep on me I popped him back into the cot asleep...I think he'll remember he's been there before and shouldnt be so shocked to wake up there?

I find in the night I feel him until he dozes off again and I slip him back to his bed and he doesnt notice. Well, not yet anyway....tonight may be another story!!!
It's not as nice as feeding laying down as I used to when we co-slept but so be it...

i'm trying this too at the mo. I wanted to leave it longer but it turns out LO has reflux and I needed to angle his bed. Instead of angling the bed for all 3 of us I thought it made sense to get LO into his own bed. I put it right next to ours. Last night was the first night and it went really well. He was there until 7 am.

I happened to leave him in his cot for a few minuets every morning while I got dressed. At first he grumbled but after a few days he seemed to enjoy those times and was calm and likes the cot. So last night I put him in his cot to sleep. I cant do it while he's awake as he'll just lay there wriggling adn eventualy scream. So for now I'm popping him in while he's asleep.
They say to let them go into teh crib awake?At least he wakes up there and will get used to being in there I am assuming? Eventually it wont be such a shock to him.....Its the best i can do for now as I cant let him cry it out..I just cant...
Well Ted was in there and screaming earlier, and I picked him out as it wasnt going to stop and so the next time he fell asleep on me I popped him back into the cot asleep...I think he'll remember he's been there before and shouldnt be so shocked to wake up there?

I find in the night I feel him until he dozes off again and I slip him back to his bed and he doesnt notice. Well, not yet anyway....tonight may be another story!!!
It's not as nice as feeding laying down as I used to when we co-slept but so be it...
ure so lucky he stays asleep my son wont, hes waking after 20 min!

just a thought, maybe you could put something in his crib that smells of you, like a teddy or something, or a blanket...if you sleep with it first so it gets ur scent...
Just an idea i had while readng ur posts x

We're having problems too. We fell asleep with him in our bed a few times and now he is a terrible sleeper and wont stay in his cot, Im so angry with myself for letting it come to this. Its our fault he's so upset in there :( He's in his travel cot atm as we're waiting for his proper one to be delivered. Im going to try letting him play in there though tomorrow to see if that helps.

xxx

Cupcake we have the same taste in bedding. Skyler also has the rainforest bedding from FisherPrice in his crib. I also started letting him sleep in his crib. So far he will sleep for short naps (45min) in his crib during the day but at night he still sleeps in our bed. He refuses at night to sleep in his crib. He wants a warm body and booby close to him! He still wakes up several times a night anyways so it's okay for now.I have also just started reading the "no cry solution by elisabeth pantley'. Not finished yet but real good advice.I am also reading "The Baby Book by Dr.Sears" which I think is a fantastic book too.

:wine:Here's to hoping our little ones will some day sleep throught the night in their own beds!

We're having problems too. We fell asleep with him in our bed a few times and now he is a terrible sleeper and wont stay in his cot, Im so angry with myself for letting it come to this. Its our fault he's so upset in there :( He's in his travel cot atm as we're waiting for his proper one to be delivered. Im going to try letting him play in there though tomorrow to see if that helps.

xxx

you are lucky he will even go in the travel cot!

hope tonight is better?
I just put Teddy down. he only slept for 20 minutes then awoke. I fed him again until he fell asleep and I put him back to bed. I'm now sitting here downstairs feeling all nervous with the baby monitor turned right up...

good luck hun, he had his shot today and im wondering if i should just co sleep tonight, i heard its not good to try new things when the arent well

xxx

good luck, lets keep each other updated and well support each other!

Cupcake we have the same taste in bedding. Skyler also has the rainforest bedding from FisherPrice in his crib. I also started letting him sleep in his crib. So far he will sleep for short naps (45min) in his crib during the day but at night he still sleeps in our bed. He refuses at night to sleep in his crib. He wants a warm body and booby close to him! He still wakes up several times a night anyways so it's okay for now.I have also just started reading the "no cry solution by elisabeth pantley'. Not finished yet but real good advice.I am also reading "The Baby Book by Dr.Sears" which I think is a fantastic book too.

:wine:Here's to hoping our little ones will some day sleep throught the night in their own beds!

Cheers!

feeling so down i really dont believe there are babies on the world that u put them down in their crib and they stay asleep, i honestly dont believe it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->