co sleepers - whats your routine?

dougie

Fluff addict!
Reaction score
we have started co-sleeping now, louies sleep has just gone haywire so its easier to have him in bed with us, but whats your bedtime routine? do you go to bed at the same time as baby etc?

My husband works nights and starts work any time between 7 and 11 so I find getting a real routine going with everything at the same time each day really hard! But generally speaking, after bath and boob I go to bed at the same time as Oliver, at about 10pm. Sometimes he's up until that time, if he falls asleep before then or if I want to stay up a bit later he sleeps in his moses basket which is downstairs until we go to bed.

Oliver is very easy at night - he wakes up every three hours or so but just wants food and then goes back to sleep right away so I'm only awake for about 20 mins each time.

I am hoping to get Oliver going to bed on his own for a few hours each night (at say 8pm), we use a co-sleeper cot and he doesn't wriggle much yet . . . . when he starts getting more wriggly I'll have to re-think.

I hope thats helps . . . I'm just very chilled out with things like this, I'm not sure if its a good thing but its worked for us so far. I don't get stressed because Oliver wakes at night etc - I still get 8 or so hours, I just do what seems to work for us :)

we don't really have one. :lol: after dinner its bath. pj's and then boob. sometimes he'll fall asleep here and i either let him sleep on my lap until I want to go to bed, or if I'm lucky I can get him onto the sheepskin rug on the couch next to me and he sleeps there until we go to bed. (with me staying on the couch next to him) If he's really not settling then I'll go to bed with him and we'll just chill in there. that could be anywhere from 8pm-10pm.

It used to be bath and bed by 7.30pm, but we've just started introducing BLW with George, so now he's usually fed boobie and hour before dinner, then dinner, then bath (to remove dinner from most orrifices!!lol) then a play on his mat/with Daddy for an hour, then bed. So usually bedtime is now 8.30pm ish.

Mostly, I lay on the bed with G, feed him, then either stay in bed, or get up and do jobs, but I mostly stay in bed.....!! lol
(It's no wonder they say co-sleepers get more sleep!!) lol xxxx

I'm so glad its not just me who doesn't have a strict routine!!

no set routine either. bath every other day or so(will be everyday after dinner in a month when we start blw!) between 7-8 then massage and boob in my bed with the lights low. I would hope that in the future after he is a bit older and can appreciate a routine more he will go to bed after this bit but for now he comes back in the living room (lights low) with me while hubby showers and gets off to work at 9 ish (night shifts) and hunter cluster feeds til he falls asleep on me. then he sleeps on me till i go to bed. I just go with the flow. As i say, when he is a bit older i think he will naturally create his own routine. The last few weeks he has wanted his own space in the bed anyway :haha: so maybe he will eventually sleep in bed without me for a few hours :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->