Co-sleepers... When do you go to bed??

Plumfairy

Mum-mum-mum-mum
Reaction score
Layla starts the night in her cot but has been coming into our bed pretty much every night now for a while..(given up on trying to keep her in the cot as she obviously prefers to be with her mama :D ) sometimes she comes into our bed as early as 9pm... This has often meant I've had to go to bed with her before Im even tired! Curious how people who co-sleep the whole night manage! Theres no way I could put Layla in our bed by herself! Shed just jump off!! :dohh:

Hayden now goes down in his room but when he was fully cosleeping I would lay with him, nurse, and get him off to sleep then I got up and would just go back in there if he woke up or needing another feeding, he napped in our bed on his own too.

id like to no this aswell! x

would you not be able to use those fabric bed guards?

Hey hunnybun, I pretty much do what mommyof3co said, I put pillows around Sofia. Guess she's not quite go the hang of crawling yet though.

She has a co-sleeper cot (arm's reach) which she'll go in most of the time but sometimes she wants our bed and our bed only, especially if she's ill.

I have been known to drop off with her though and leave DH wondering what on earth I'm doing!

Hayden now goes down in his room but when he was fully cosleeping I would lay with him, nurse, and get him off to sleep then I got up and would just go back in there if he woke up or needing another feeding, he napped in our bed on his own too.

Did he stay there even when he was crawling about etc? Last night OH fell asleep downstairs so it was just me and Layla in bed and without him on the other side she kept almost climbing off the bed! :dohh: I felt very nervous and had to grab her arm a few times in the night! I think even if I were to get a bed rail she would just climb over it as often she wakes in the night and stands up holding onto the head board! Dont know if she does it in her sleep or if she's actually awake when she does it though :shrug: Ive considered just having a mattress on the floor so theres no where to fall!!

would you not be able to use those fabric bed guards?

I'd have to get a 4ft tall one to go around the whole bed I think :rofl:... She'd climb over or find where it ends and jump off that way! :dohh:

Hmmm, I wonder ;)

We're good thank you, cold at the moment as it's gone down to -16 tonight and our heating keeps turning itself off! Apart from that we're cool diddly fantastic.

Ooh no!! Its freezing here too! Hate the cold, but nice having a baby-shaped hot water bottle to snuggle up to at night ey :D Love your avator pic! Sofia is a beauty :cloud9: xxx

up until 5 months zane would go bed same time as me but from then id put him in my bed by himself and hed sleep fine then when he kind of started to crawl he wanted to go in his own cot and would come back in my bed late at night.

id say if she gets up in the night put her back in her own bed to sleep or put her in ur bed and teach her to climb off the bed safetly so it will stop her hurting herself. if shes tired she will stay in ur bed and sleep but i think shes just wanting ur attention more then to actualy sleep with u.

i loved co sleepin but now zane only comes in my bed when hes ill

I usually end up in bed the same time Otter goes -- between 8 and 9. I have to be up at 5 am, so it is early to bed for me.

However, there are times I leave him to nap in my bed. For now he sleeps next to his Arm's Reach, so he can't roll off. Plus, it is a Cal king size bed, so no way he is rolling all the way to the other side yet. He also naps in his cot.

On the weekends if I want to stay up after he is to bed, I put him down in his cot in his nursery. I take the baby monitor with me while I am still up and then put it in my room when I go to bed. I go get him and bring him to bed with me the first time he wakes (usually at 11-12). It is the only time DH and I have the bed to ourselves for now, so it provides nice cuddle time for us!

just seen the prices for the arms reach :shock: wont b getting one of those :cry: even second hand they are pricey! x

Yeah, I got lucky.. was gonna build my own, but then found out a neighbor had one for sale -- never used and got it for only $80.

Honestly, though -- knowing what I do now.... I would gladly pay 4x that amount. It is one of the most useful things I have!

Think kiddicare was the cheapest I found in UK Bana.

It's a great cot, not sure how long it will last her, maybe just over a year. Wish they'd just sell it as a cot though because it's rubbish as all the other things!

Thanks Tigerlady and Faerie If there useful, ill ave a look on kiddicare and then have to do ALOT of sucking up the the OH and see if he'll buy one! Hes starting to outgrow his moses and the cot just seems so big and im scared he'll get lost in it iykwim, id rather him b in our bed as we have a super king but id b scared he wud roll over and sufficate, not worried bout me cuz im a light sleeper and dont move around much! Also we have 2 duvets and lots of pillows! x

A big plus for me is it has lots of pockets so I stuff them with a changing mat, wipes etc and never have to leave the bed to change her. Then the other end has got her thermometre ect in.

It seems much safer than a lot of other co-sleepers, really is just an extension of your bed.

I just used to go to bed with her...was mostly sleepy anyways :lol:

A big plus for me is it has lots of pockets so I stuff them with a changing mat, wipes etc and never have to leave the bed to change her. Then the other end has got her thermometre ect in.

It seems much safer than a lot of other co-sleepers, really is just an extension of your bed.

I do the same. I even put my alarm clock and my BBT therm in the pockets! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->