Co-sleeping and breastfeeding question

9jawife

Mom of one
Reaction score
I recently decided to try co-sleeping with my son as a way to get more sleep and make nighttime breastfeeding easier. It's worked even better than I expected..I've been getting almost a solid 8 hours with a short wake up period halfway through! I latch my son before falling asleep but when I wake up he's unlatched.. is it possible he could re latch himself during the night? Because I don't see how he could go almost 8 hours without milk! He is 8 weeks btw.

My LO latches on himself during the night but he is 10months, I'm not sure a younger baby would be able to, but it is good if he is!

My boys weren't able to latch by themselves at a young age. :nope: They would wake me up multiple times in the night to feed. :)

I don't think they can yet manage to latch on themselves at 8wks. My son started to latch on while I slept when he was closer to a year old. If he's thriving along just fine, a few nights where he STTN isn't something to worry about. I remember my son at about 3wks slept 6 hours straight and I woke up in a panic but he was still sleeping LOL You could try expressing a bit manually and rubbing it on his lips if you want to make sure to feed him, he'll probably latch on happily and continue sleeping when he's done.

If the boob is right there, yes they can, or my LO did anyway. Sometimes young babies do go through periods of not waking in the night though - just enjoy it if that's the case!

If you're feeding him whilst falling asleep and then he unlatches when he's asleep meaning it's right in front of him I can see it being possible.
Or could just be that he's comforted by being right next to you so sleeps better :)

Betty could shuffle herself over and latch herself on from around that age

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->