Coarction of the Aorta

Sophiesmommie

Mother to a princess
Reaction score
Sophie was diagnosed yesterday with a Coarctation of the Aorta (This is a narrowing in the aorta which causes blood to back flow This will be fixed by removing the narrow section and reconnecting the two good ends of the aorta), and we were informed that she will have to have surgery to correct it. So I was wondering who else had preemies that had this, what was recovery like afterwords, and how are your babies doing now? The Pediatric Cardiologist did not explain anything more to us then the procedure, I think he was trying to give us a little bit to cope with the bomb he dropped on us after he told us last week she was fine and just had an innocent heart murmur.

Sorry no experience but I hope the op goes well xx

Hi there, not sure if its the same but my LO had pda surgery at 11 months, if so let me know and i'd be happy to fill you in x

No it's not the same, but thank you . =) This is a narrowing in the aorta which causes blood to back flow. How they fix it is by removing the narrow section and reconnecting the two good ends of the aorta.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->