Coca cola

jenstar

Reaction score
This is true bill, 100%- today in a cafe I saw a child getting a glass of coca cola in it's bottle! My eyes were out on stalks, I couldn't believe it! The child looked about 12 months.

I feel bad if Mark gets the same dinner two nights in a row, like I'm not giving him a varied diet or something! But I've never given him coke....

I saw that in the supermarket the other day. Shocking!

i see that quite alot! Shocking isnt it! I wont even give my 3 year old coke or any fizzys for that matter!
Disgusting to see!

My niece gets coke (as a treat) and eats about 8-10 adult chocolate or jam biscuits a day. I dont know if its a regular thing, but she has a biscuit in her gob everytime I see her. She's 14 months.

What can you do though? Shes not my child, but I do bite my tongue a lot! No way in hell Niamh will be eating crap. I dont even eat rubbish!

You see it all the time.
I saw a mum put lucozade(sp) sport in her toddlers sippy cup???

No wonder you see so many kids nowadays with rotten teeth!!

Yeeeaaaa right.Like that'll be happening. Renah's going on a strictly organic. healthy diet as long as I have control over it!

I will be 100% honest and say yes Dec has had sips of Diet coke, if we are out and he see my glass he wants a sip and he gets it, I am big believer in letting a child taste everything, Dec also gets sweets and crisps as a treat and remember I am a Dental nurse so I know all the risks.

I will be 100% honest and say yes Dec has had sips of Diet coke, if we are out and he see my glass he wants a sip and he gets it, I am big believer in letting a child taste everything, Dec also gets sweets and crisps as a treat and remember I am a Dental nurse so I know all the risks.

Letting kids taste what you are having is very different to filling their bottle up with the stuff! x

me too. I've given Colton little drinks. The same with my tea, when he sees me drinking something he wants a drink too (and does the same-he always tries to give me what he has) so naturally when I've had a little bit of soda he would come over for a drink, and I do give him little drinks.
The same with sweets.. if I'm eating something and he wants a little bite I will give him some. I'm not the type to sit here eating something myself and then deny him. Although, saying that.. I dont let him just have it.. he gets just a couple very small bites.
I dont worry about it because he gets his teeth brushed twice a day + he has alot of things that are good for him... he gets alot of fruits, vegetables, etc.

Letting kids taste what you are having is very different to filling their bottle up with the stuff! x

Oh God that goes without saying, Dec never ever got any type of juice in his bottle. And putting coke in a bottle is just asking for bottle rot xx

Oh God that goes without saying, Dec never ever got any type of juice in his bottle. And putting coke in a bottle is just asking for bottle rot xx

I'm shocked that anyone would do that! I do like to give Sam tastes of whatever I'm having though - I don't drink much coke but if I'm eating something and he wants to try it I'll let him.

ColtonsMom - Sam's the same with wanting me to try whatever he's eating :rofl: ...I'm always having soggy food shoved in my mouth :lol: x

I'm shocked that anyone would do that! I do like to give Sam tastes of whatever I'm having though - I don't drink much coke but if I'm eating something and he wants to try it I'll let him.

ColtonsMom - Sam's the same with wanting me to try whatever he's eating :rofl: ...I'm always having soggy food shoved in my mouth :lol: x

Some people just dont have the brains they were born with:hissy:
:rofl: at Sam wanting you to taste his food, Dec is to greedy to do that, whats his is his and whats mine is his to :rofl:

Some people just dont have the brains they were born with:hissy:
:rofl: at Sam wanting you to taste his food, Dec is to greedy to do that, whats his is his and whats mine is his to :rofl:

:rofl: What's mine is definitely his too - we were eating a lamb casserole the other night, he was still up and standing at my knee (ate on the sofas in the lounge because he was still awake). Every time I put anything on my fork he'd open his mouth and lean towards it...and he kept getting really annoyed when I had a mouthful for myself - in between about 8 for him :rofl: ...takes after his mum with his love of food :blush: x

See I wouldn't judge that without knowing the full story and the reason I now think like that is my friend from when Joe was in neonatal had a child the same age. On e day I met her in the supermarket and we chatted, she was holding a can of coke and giving the child it along with a bag of buttons and a bag of crisps. I thought to myself, great diet that :dohh: but then she told me that her consultant had put her on a high fat, high sugar diet for her to put on weight for an operation on the hole in her heart :( So now I wouldn't ever judge anyone again because you never know whats behind it.

But it goes without saying I wouldn't give mine any fizz in their bottles, in fact mine are hyper enough without them at all :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->