Coca cola

I will be 100% honest and say yes Dec has had sips of Diet coke, if we are out and he see my glass he wants a sip and he gets it, I am big believer in letting a child taste everything, Dec also gets sweets and crisps as a treat and remember I am a Dental nurse so I know all the risks.

Letting kids taste what you are having is very different to filling their bottle up with the stuff! x

Oh God that goes without saying, Dec never ever got any type of juice in his bottle. And putting coke in a bottle is just asking for bottle rot xx

I'm shocked that anyone would do that! I do like to give Sam tastes of whatever I'm having though - I don't drink much coke but if I'm eating something and he wants to try it I'll let him.

ColtonsMom - Sam's the same with wanting me to try whatever he's eating :rofl: ...I'm always having soggy food shoved in my mouth :lol: x

:rofl: I know! Yum Yum, soggy food! MY FAV :dohh: He'll share EVERYTHING! I just gave him some orajel, he took it out of my hand afterwards and put the tip of it in daddy's mouth.. I guess daddy needs some orajel! :rofl:

Hannah is just dying to try some of my Dr. Pepper but I really don't want her to have the stuff, mostly because I drink it so much and don't really want her to be like that. I do let her have tastes of whatever we're eating though, most lunches we eat together and she "shared" a rice krispy treat with Stan the other day (she had very small bites of course)

We don't have soft drinks in our house ever really. I was never allowed them when I was young so never been fussed about them!

Seth doesn't even like squash so I don't think we have to worry about fizzy pop! I'd never give him it anyway done me no harm :)

xxx

Theres no way Jasmine will be getting any pop. I knew a women who had a 1 year old and 2 year old and they were brats about pop. Thats ALL they wanted to drink.

Luckily Tom and I dont drink pop anyways except if we go out to dinner sometimes. We dont keep it in the house.

We never have pop in the house, or juice even aside from orange juice normally (unless preggo buys it lol).. my boyfriend has a condition that causes his teeth to decay, there's a 50/50 chance the baby will have it also, so NOOOO pop, NOOOO juice for this LO!

TBH I'd be afraid of the consequences of giving a bottle full of pop, the hyperactivity that would ensue!! :shock:

archie isnt going to having any fizzy...its so easy to get addicted to it i should no llol. even wen he wants a taste its going to be a no thats yukky xx

You know if you put a perfectly healthy adult tooth in a glass of coca-cola it will dissolve in the span of 72 hours. :shock:

Personally, filling kids bottles up with such crap is crazy imo.
As long as I have control over what Lola is eating she will have as healthy as possible diet... But getting a taste of something is completely different - it actually benefits because when kids aren't allowed to eat something it will only trigger their curiosity and cravings for it.

Yes giving a taste of what you have is different than letting them drink it on a regular basis. My cousins are 8 & 4 and won't drink anything BUT coke/pepsi. Its sooo unhealthy. I just remember that when truck drivers transport the actual coke syrup, they have to have a sign that says "highly corrosive material". I'm not putting that in my baby's tummy!

I never had fizzy drinks growing up, and sweets and crisps were very rare and such a treat when we did get them. I've already started cutting back on rubbish down to one can of coke and one bag of crisps a day. I'm hoping to banish them totally soon, before Niamh starts taking an interest in what I'm eating. OH grew up with a sweetie and coke cupboard that he could just dip into whenever he wanted :shock: Even now OH drinks about 4 cans a day.

I'm trying to get healthy and fit myself and I don't really want Niamh eating rubbish so I feel I'd be a bit of a hypocrite if I just ate it all myself and didn't let her have any. I might have a secret stash that gets taken out at night after her bedtime :rofl:

I grew up without fizzy drinks or cordial, even when I went to birthday parties and they'd ask "do you want coke or lemonade" and I'd say "water please"... god, must have been seen as a freak :rofl: From about the age of 10 coke or lemonade was available if my parents were having a party, so I guess a couple of times per year. I never really had much interest, I think the time I started to drink it was at college because it would be half filled with rum..

Even now the only time I tend to drink coke is with alcohol BUT, and this is really weird, it's the one thing I started to crave when I got pregnant! Strange.

I would prefer my children don't have access to fizzy drinks or sweet on a regular basis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->