Coconut oil as a nappy cream

Dobsd

Reaction score
So, I went to my friend's house the other day and she was changing her 2 month old's nappy and instead of using Bepanthen or Sudocrem as a nappy cream, she used coconut oil. Just the same type you would use for cooking! I asked if she was planning to add her baby to a Thai green curry :haha: She said that she had used coconut oil on both her kids (the other one is almost 3) and neither had ever had nappy rash and the huge tubs you can buy are soo much cheaper than regular nappy creams...
So, just thought I'd pass this on to you other mums to be, seems like a great money saving idea and the ingredients are completely, 100% natural!

Everyone should have coconut oil in their house! I first used it in neonatal on my preemie, now it's a staple, I use it for moisturiser, hair treatments, make up remover...on the kids on their skin, and for cradle cap. It's just fab!

If natural products work then why not use it. I have actually heard that raw cocoa oil is great for cracked nipples. Nature has the best remedies I will definitely try coconut oil myself

I was going to use it but my dog LOVES it to point I was nervous. So far no diaper rash at all-just change like crazy. I use cloth or natural disposables.

I am planning on using it on my wee man......I am planning on mixing it with olive oil and tea tree oil to get a more cream like consistency. (1 part coconut oil, 1 part olive oil, 1 drop TTO)

Just make sure it's 100% natural, cold pressed. NOT the stuff u get in the cooking isle at the market. I use it for myself as a moisturizer after a hot bath. It's great on dry, itchy nipples too.

I never thought of that idea and I'm obsessed with coconut oil , I use it for cooking everything , and for hand lotion and minor skin irritations/rashes.... Why not use it on the baby's bum! I always use organic refined mainly because I just cook with it .... Wonder if it should be organic unrefined ?

It's amazing stuff I use on my LO too, just don't get your cooking jar mixed up with you baby bum jar ;-)x

I love coconut oil!! I use it for everything and plan to use it on LO. I heard it's good if you use cloth diapers. Also, it's great for "adult time" with hubby. Works waaaaay better than KY or those synthetic lubes. :blush:

Just make sure it's 100% natural, cold pressed. NOT the stuff u get in the cooking isle at the market. I use it for myself as a moisturizer after a hot bath. It's great on dry, itchy nipples too.

the organic unrefined is in the cooking isle here, right next to the completely fractured stuff (the kind that stays liquid at room temp!). So you just need to read labels.

Fair enough. Here, u have to go to a specialty store, or to the organic isle at the store.

Fair enough. Here, u have to go to a specialty store, or to the organic isle at the store.

No offense meant or anything, I just wanted to say it is different in different places and you might not have to go to a specialty store if you don't have to. :flower:

None taken☺️ Takes quite a bit for me to get offended. I just didn't want someone thinking all coconut oils were created equal. I wish I didn't have to go to a separate store to get all my organic/natural stuff. Would make my life so much easier.

None taken☺️ Takes quite a bit for me to get offended. I just didn't want someone thinking all coconut oils were created equal. I wish I didn't have to go to a separate store to get all my organic/natural stuff. Would make my life so much easier.

Yeah I just hate I have to go to a specialty store for (good) organic milk and strawberries...so we don't have cow milk (except DH, who doesn't mind non-organic) and strawberries very often. But you can get lots of organic food at your local Target or even Walmart nowadays. It's trendy I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->