Coconut oil?

Buttrflyl553

TWO rainbows on the way!
Reaction score
Hi girls,
I was just told by my doctor that coconut oil is a good and safe lubricant when ttc. I have pelvic pain issues so I need lubricant and unfortunately preseed becomes painful. Anyone heard of this or used it? Possible dumb question to add but when I think coconut oil I think of the cooking oil. I know you can also buy it in the natural foods store and it comes in a solid form that turns liquidy. I am wondering which should be used or if it even matters.

Thanks in advance! :)

Some are more liquidy than others, I have refined for cooking and it is solid until placed in warm hands. The melting point is just above room temperature. My mother has 100% organic and it is more liquidy, kind of like lotion, but not straight liquid. I have heard of vegetable oil as a lubricant, and I hear it works well when TTC. However, I haven't heard of coconut oil for TTC. It makes sense, unless you're allergic to coconut, you shouldn't have any reactions. :) I would go for the more natural, it melts better than refined. And you can always use it to moisturize your hair.

Thanks for the Reply! I am so lost with this. Do you have any idea where it can be bought? I was hoping the grocery store but wasn't sure.

Some stores do, health stores like gnc may. I bought mine at winco, I know in the pharmacy at Walmart they have it with the supplements. It may be in cooking sections of some stores, or just buy it online :)

I buy mine on amazon. Hehe you can buy anything on amazon can't you! X

Thank you!
Found some at gnc today so hopefully this will do well :) bumphope do you use it as a lubricant? Which one do you use?

No I don't, I cook with it :) Sure it'll do a good job though x

I know that here in the UK you can buy it in health and beauty stores, in the same section as the moisturisers and creams. It comes in a tub and is solid inside, but when you rub it between your hands it melts into oil (its also great for skin and hair, as an overnight conditioner to be washed out the next day) :) Hope this helps

I just got some in ASDA (UK) in the hair care section. It's 100% coconut oil and solid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->