Codeine

xxxjacxxx

My Eggo is Preggo!
Reaction score
Hi girls, Im really at a loss of what to do next:dohh:
I have pretty severe SPD that seems to be getting worse by the day, so much so I even have to sleep on the sofa now so as not to be up and down the stairs.....its that bad:cry: I have been taking paracetamol but have been exceeding the 8 in a day limit most days. I mentioned to my mw yesterday about maybe getting some crutches to help me get around and she suggested I see my gp as he was the only one that could refer me for them.
So my app was at 4.30 today. I saw a doctor who was very nice and understanding but said that he didnt think crutches would help me as the bearing down pain would still be there. He gave me a prescription for codeine but did outline the risks to the baby at this late stage. He said it was upto me if I wanted to take them.............
The thing is what do I do???? I am in agony with this flippin SPD but I dont want my baby to be affected!!
Im due to go see my consultant on tues re: possible induction at 38 weeks instead of 39 and the doc said to mention that I am now on codeine as it may strengthen my case, but I dont know if I should take them or just keep suffering!:hissy:

What do I do?

ooo hun codeine is strong stuff !!! i'd ring up your gp or doctors to get another opinion !!!!

What about those maternity belts? Have you tried them? Would that help relieve some pressure? I can't give any advice though...it's a decision that only you can make. Hopefully you'll get an induction and be done with this soon enough....

hey hun i wanted to let you know personaly i have been on pain meds that are stronger than codien iv been on vicodin for about 2 years even threw half this pg and i was recently switched to a even stronger pain med percocet in the last 2 months because of pain full spd my doc said it will not harm baby in any way the only outcome is that the baby will go threw with drawl ( will cry and be very fussy) when the baby is born if you are on the meds threw the whole pg up to the end but she said it wont harm the baby in any way at all i wouldnt take it if i new it wasnt safe and plus being in physical pain adds stress to you and ur body which is stressing the baby so in the long run its alot better to take the meds to help the pain i hope you feel better soon hun i know how bad spd can be my pain meds dont relive all the pain but they do at least take off the edge hope all goes well and good luck hun

I have exactly the same problem. I was prescribed some a few weeks ago, i have taken a few but they make me throw up! So that rules them out for me.

I think the occasional one is fine, my doc told me not to take them unless i really had to, i've never been in so much pain in my life. Wish he just gave me nothing instead of saying it can cause breathing problems xxx

What about those maternity belts? Have you tried them? Would that help relieve some pressure? I can't give any advice though...it's a decision that only you can make. Hopefully you'll get an induction and be done with this soon enough....

I was given a belt at about 28 weeks but I found I could never wear it as baby is so low, when I put it on i could feel him squirming under it. I also couldnt sit in it.

I dont think Im gonna take it tbh, the risk is too great.....id rather suffer. Fingers crossed they induce me next week.

Aww hun, Im so sorry you are in pain, crutches would help and you can get them cheap on ebay, just to help you out. As for the codeine, I take paracetamol for my disability but have had to take 4 codeine a day, I was told its fine but Im trying so hard to get off them again, when the pain is really bad the odd one shouldn't hurt but I know how you feel about it, I feel so guilty every time I take them. I really hope they induce you hun, thinking of you, take care :hugs: xx

Aww hun, nightmare for you. Def go into that appointment and scream the place down to be induced as sooon as, you know Leo is bigger and your full term now x

co-codamol is safe to use while pregnant. also u might be able to use the pain killin gels that might help abit along with a hot water bottle on the bad spot

im under a consultant at the hospital for my spd and i have been given codiene and i was told it was safe to use.

i have had psd since 23 weeks and have been on crutches since 24 weeks and also take codeine!

The crutches DO help greatly-i cannot walk at all if i dont use them as the pain is too bad-i even have to take them upstairs with me to use up there!! The codiene doesnt take the pain away at all, all it does is help me fall alseep so i only take it at night.

my mw was the one who referred me to the physio-i didnt even need to see my gp!!:hug: that they wil agree to induce you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->